We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed FAQ details no paid DLC, no microtransations and no need to wear gloves.

Eudemon

[headline]Need for Speed FAQ[/headline]

Along with the announcement that the PC version of Need for Speed is delayed to Spring 2016 comes this official FAQ. The questions surprisingly are not your typical already known and vaguely answered type that we all seen many times before, but are in fact straight answered for the most part.

In them we find that they plan to release content packs for FREE and do not have any paid DLC planned as well as no microtransations. There is also the mention about no need for Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus in order to play the game in 'Solo' mode. And a small slither of hope for those of us wanting features like manual transmission and split-screen, as the answers mention that 'we are investigating' these areas. As much as we all probably expected typical EA in the answers there doesn't appear to be much of it, which I am sure you will agree is highly-surprising but also extremely welcome. :nuts:

Q) What is the name of the game?

A) Need for Speed

Q) Do I have to play with others or can I play on my own?

A) You'll also have the choice of solo mode, with just you exploring Ventura Bay alongside AI drivers.

Q) I don't have PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold, can I still play single player without it?

A) Yes you can. PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold will not be required for single player. But as per any multiplayer experience on console, you will require an active PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscription.

Q) Will there be paid DLC?

A) We plan to release a series of free content updates for Need for Speed. We currently have no plans for any paid DLC.

Q) Will there be micro transactions?

A) There will be no micro transactions.

Q) Will there be manual transmission / split screen / wheel support?

A) There are many features that people are asking for, these are among many things that we are investigating.

Source: Need for Speed FAQ