We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Re-creating my gaming station

ProDexorite

In short, I've got enough of Forza games for a while and initially put my racing seat to a corner to wait for the mood to hit back. Then yesterday I realized I could try something crazy and really mess up my already quite comfortable (yet basic) gaming station and kind of "integrate" it with the racing seat.

Due to the height (or more like lack of it) of the racing seat, I could not replace my office chair with it since reaching the keyboard and mouse would've been a wrist-killer. So I moved my PC to the other side of the table, ripped out every cable and messed around until the new "game corner" of mine felt complete.

I have a regular PC-gaming post at the end of the table, and just left of it there's my racing seat. Now I can hop on playing racing games with my PC by simply turning my primary monitor around and hit the gas!

Pictures of this build are yet to come, since I seem to be eager to start topics and write stuff when I am at work :lol: So I'll post some pictures once I am back home! One thing I don't like about this is the fact that my PC has to be the "glass panel to the wall" for the internet cable to fit in. Hopefully I will get my hands on a bit longer cable to turn it around and make it look cooler :nods:

Oh yeah, and I'll be such a hardcore racer and install Euro Truck Simulator as my first PC game that I'll be driving with my wheel! Never played it before, but they say it's good, especially with the wheel!

A bit late but here we go!

I am likely to purchase the floor mat for the Playseat, since I have the ugly plastic carpet on floor and the seat probably ruins it even further, which I would like to avoid, though I'm only renting the apartment.

The basic idea on this "build" is basically to turn the primary monitor around and hop on racing!

I played few games with it and sadly noticed that many of them need a keyboard/mouse in order to navigate through menu's, but I managed to get those a little bit closer. Also, the left and right speakers are easily movable to each side of the monitor when it is turned, and you can see the subwoofer on the left behind the Playseat, so the sound system is giving the driving experience some amazing blast!

[ATTACH]24866[/ATTACH]

• 1 month later...

Actually rolled all over again with the setup, since we got new tables me and my girlfriend. There is now way more table-space and some better positioning possibilities for speakers, monitors and all that stuff.

[ATTACH]25414[/ATTACH]

Downsides: Now I can not fit the damn Playseat near my PC again! Well, temporarily I can, but it is always a pain in the back to drag the whole thing around the room. I think I can manage! I've been looking for a way to attach my PC to my television and the racing wheel setup to my PC from a bit longer distance... Really long HDMI cable and USB-hub required I assume. :mhmm: