We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central :: Site coming soon...

Eudemon

Well we got tired of having that ugly looking white background page with some gaudy Times text directing you to the boards so as we are progressing well with the site we have thrown up a month old homepage and have added a little notice to the top. (current one is in debugging stage)

For those of you who haven't seen the design of the site we hope you like what you see and note we are on target for the March release, at least of phase #1 anyway !!

Thanks guys, we really appreciate you being here and we hope you like what we are doing !!

View the homepage here >> http://www.turboduck.net/ (you may need to refresh to see it properly) :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there Woodo that is a nice start you have there, I like the colourised header and typeface you're using, looks like it might be flash oriented or is going to be a mixture of static, dynamic and flash?

Checked out your website too, nice work over there also.

This is my first main personal project and I'm determined to make it work and have been putting a lot of time in and jumping in deep to learn how, why, when and don't. lol Strangely I'm doing this site/forum first then creating my portfolio so that I have a main project I can show then from then on in it's full steam ahead.

It's fun, frustrating yet fulfilling when you see something you have done come alive and being enjoyed, well that's the plan anyway !

Thanks scriv, the Goat Washing always gets a laugh. :cool:

what are you using to make the site?
Hmm good question and not sure if you'll believe me but it's all handcoded. :) I design the layout and slice the images I need then I jump into my ConTEXT free text editor and just start typing away, saving, previewing, testing then inevitably fixing. I have Dreamweaver but never really use it unless I'm trying to do something crazy and nest a load of tables but now with CSS I am starting to learn you do not need tables, though that doesn't mean I'll never use them as there's just some tabular data that you can't display properly without a table !

Sorry went slightly off-topic, in all honesty TDU Central is a test bed for me as well as a playground, I'll be messing with Flash later in the year, I will play around with the design, I'll add maybe different skins to the site itself as well as learn databasing and scripting more than I do right now. I'm looking forward to it a great deal and I hope you all are too. :D

Are you starting up your own web design buiness then or going into it or somthing?
Freelancing just now but it's difficult to get noticed unless you have something to show that is different to others. This is why I am doing this and I would love to start a business in this but everyone wants experience, there are a few of my mates who are considering working together but we'll see what happens.

Freelancing just now but it's difficult to get noticed unless you have something to show that is different to others. This is why I am doing this and I would love to start a business in this but everyone wants experience, there are a few of my mates who are considering working together but we'll see what happens.

You should Diablo, you have alot of talent that many businesses want for creating sites etc..

You would make a fortune

• 2 weeks later...

*Damn it I feel like Atari doing this. lol*

The site has been unfortunately delayed due to a few files (Photoshop PSD's) becoming corrupt due to an unexpected Windows update . I have a backup of these files but they are from last week and missing about a weeks work so at least I don't have to start from the beginning thank-you god !!

Estimated timeframe is within 2 weeks, I am going to work constantly to get it done as I personally really want to get the site online and active !

Sorry guys, I never expected this. :(

• 2 weeks later...