We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Old Music v. New Music: BATTLE!

Ryzza5

Simple thread this be, it just requires a somewhat equal appreciation of both older and new music.

Post two vaguely related songs that are no less than 15 years apart in age. Next person posts which song they think is better. If you agree with them, like their post. If you disagree with them, like the previous post (containing the songs).

Someone else can then post two songs and repeat the cycle.

We can keep update a weekly tally of old v new wins in the OP.

Round One

The feeling, will you try to STOP it or FIGHT it?

--- Post Updated ---

this place isn't smart enough for these games ryzza we've discussed it before :hmmm:

please don't use elaborate words such as "cycle"

--- Post Updated ---

disclaimer: I do not endorse listening to the first one, I am not responsible for any brain damage that could occur after watching the first vid.

You post which of my songs was better and people either like your post or mine. Then the 3rd post by someone else contains songs. It's only complicated like this because of the auto post merging function.

Additionally anyone can post comments about any previous song battle anyway. Whenever I see Lady Gaga I wonder if that's the reason Sia never shows her face. Born to run has better chord progressions but the vocals are a bit slurry and yell-y. So I'll give the win to the newer one only because of the energetic beat. And erm I don't like either of Der Compensaters songs. :leaves:

Here's two more for you, one potentially made famous by TopGear

It's not that hard to think of similar songs, Mike (I find it helps if you think of an old one first).