We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Most durable Steering Wheel?

alfredolvera

Hi guys,

I'm looking into building a racing arcade cabinet and I'm researching into possible racing wheels. But, as I learned with my regular arcade (and my mashy-buttons drunk friends), going with the highest quality parts isn't the same as going with the most durable and abuse-ready ones.

I was looking into the high end Logitechs, like the G920 and such, but I don't know if it will be able to withstand that kind of abuse.

Do you have any recommendations for a Steering Wheel system that is abuse ready for drunk people?

Thanks!!

Now that's a question you don't see often. :lol: To be honest I don't think I have seen many wheels with the "abuse ready for drunk people" approved sticker. :cheeky: Apart from Logitech like you mentioned, there is also Thrustmaster and Fanatec but I got no inkling as to how robust they are. If you do find one, please let us know!

I know @Ozzmcom sometimes played TDU with his Logitech while under the influence. :) Direct drive wheels are probably the most durable and are more likely to injure the user before suffering damage. Very expensive though. Something like a Fanatec CSW would be a better middle ground. The Logitech wheels are comparatively described as toys, but by the time they break you might want to upgrade anyway to support the latest consoles. Hope this helps

"Do you have any recommendations for a Steering Wheel system that is abuse ready for drunk people?"

ahah yeah you're right, i'm always in drunks too when i go to ride around the island of tdu (and some smokey breaks too of course)

And I finally always with the G25 racing wheel, so perfect and its like new after 9 years, there was only 1 problem when the string/wire were disconnected under the manual shifter but a little glue and 10minutes to clean it was enough :para: