We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is Project CARS 2 worse than previous Project CARS'?

Ryzza5

It still has its' warts as far as I can tell (I haven't been playing anything, just reading articles). What seems to be a little strange is how much people are complaining about the 2 big racing games going down hill, but pC2 still seems rather undiscovered by comparison despite supposedly taking care of the most important criticisms: gamepad handling, FFB, number of cars and then adding innovative features like Broadcasting instead of (potentially) coaxing little kids into accepting a gambling mindset with crates, something I despise quite a lot more than most it seems (I first spotted the practice in Rocket League).

I don't think the pC 1.5 attitude holds water. Most described GT6 as GT5.5. PC2 and FM7 both seemed to have been built in around 2 years. Is there evidence to suggest that FM has more new stuff in this iteration that everyone is loving (that actually relates to driving cars on tracks)?

It still has its' warts as far as I can tell (I haven't been playing anything, just reading articles). What seems to be a little strange is how much people are complaining about the 2 big racing games going down hill, but pC2 still seems rather undiscovered by comparison despite supposedly taking care of the most important criticisms: gamepad handling, FFB, number of cars and then adding innovative features like Broadcasting instead of (potentially) coaxing little kids into accepting a gambling mindset with crates, something I despise quite a lot more than most it seems (I first spotted the practice in Rocket League).

I don't think the pC 1.5 attitude holds water. Most described GT6 as GT5.5. PC2 and FM7 both seemed to have been built in around 2 years. Is there evidence to suggest that FM has more new stuff in this iteration that everyone is loving (that actually relates to driving cars on tracks)?

And i totally agree with the statement that GT6 was actually GT5.5. It was a game that fixed some issues of GT5, but in the counterpart had new ones. The lost of used cars, the worse lighting are ones to name most... but it had more Premium cars, more tracks, paint was not consumable, and we had much better "customization". The way i see Project Cars 2, it is what the 1 should be, it adresses the mistakes of the first game, which imo, could be added as a big update.

But that would and won't be the only things that could make Project Cars name get more known among Forza/GT players. There are many other aspects of the game that are completelly different. Project Cars is closer to Assetto Corsa and rFactor than Forza or GT. And a simple way to list this is, in Project Cars, you don't buy cars, and you don't customize them as you want. You don't change rims, don't add a new spoiler or anything... if you play on computer, you can try your luck on making a livery in photoshop. But that is it.

Project Cars is a game made for computers, not really consoles, which is the main platform of GT and Forza. And this, as i see, this lack of "casuality" and actually identification of the player with the car they're driving, is the biggest reason why, even with Forza and GT being beaten up by their own fanbase doesn't justify, or make the popularity of PC2 grow. As similar as they're, their public is very different.

Definitely pCARS 2 is what the first iteration should've been. I also agree that it's closer to Assetto Corsa than to GT/FM as you can use any car when and how you want, it's a lot more like "Enough with silly things, let's race". The weather effects and how it progresses is very natural, you can see how the racing line dries lap after lap and how going off it will give some unexpected results.

Btw, I just can't stand lootboxes on fm7, as Ry pointed out (And many more ppl) it's a moneygrabbing game within the game...