We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

3rd or 4th gear start for Saleen?

Murda213

Today i raced people who claimed that they started in 5th gear and they left me behind while i started in 3rd. This really makes racing in this game difficult. I Just need to know how to launch properly cause turning isn't a problem.

right, listen from a Saleen racer

3rd to 5th to 6th, nuffin will touch it

i personally love racing Razors Edge in HCM, i start in 3rd, switch to 5th on the first straight after a chicane, then drop down to 4th, always leaving half the rev range to rev into when i exit corners

hope this helps

right, listen from a Saleen racer

3rd to 5th to 6th, nuffin will touch it

i personally love racing Razors Edge in HCM, i start in 3rd, switch to 5th on the first straight after a chicane, then drop down to 4th, always leaving half the rev range to rev into when i exit corners

hope this helps

I did that today, but there were still people beating me off the start. Do I just

let the tires burnout at the start or should I ease off the trigger to gain traction?

make sure you are using full driving aid

and from personal experience nothing touches a 3,5 start

i have heard people using a 4th start, but i leave em for dead

also, make sure you up gear twice quickly at 6500 RPMs on the nose (any higher and you will be kissing the limiter)

In hardcore mode (with no aids at all) I start from 4th then when the race starts rev to about 5500rpm let go then floor it, tires grab traction and the car is gone, those that start in 5th get the jump but 4th gear reels them in so quickly and as you hit 5th and then 6th you're a good 50 ft ahead. I usually lose though when they draft me. lol

4th gear has always worked for me personally, never been a fan of the 3rd to 5th method. I know it works for many people though but I seem to do better with my own especially with the Saleen anyway. Best time on that multiplayer race up at the top is a 20.75 and I can consistently run low 21's.

I don't think this works as well with the new handling though after the update but it works a treat in hardcore mode.

In hardcore mode (with no aids at all) I start from 4th then when the race starts rev to about 5500rpm let go then floor it, tires grab traction and the car is gone, those that start in 5th get the jump but 4th gear reels them in so quickly and as you hit 5th and then 6th you're a good 50 ft ahead. I usually lose though when they draft me. lol

4th gear has always worked for me personally, never been a fan of the 3rd to 5th method. I know it works for many people though but I seem to do better with my own especially with the Saleen anyway. Best time on that multiplayer race up at the top is a 20.75 and I can consistently run low 21's.

I don't think this works as well with the new handling though after the update but it works a treat in hardcore mode.

i get consistent 20.8/20.93 on Near Future using 3rd, 5th, 6th