We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited Platinum - Interior Colors

Leonctrindade

Hi people

Im interested in learn how to add new interior colors for the cars that we have ingame, i dont have intention steal the owners of the mods, i just wanna add the colors of the leathers and from the carpet / dashboards from some cars, i´ve been trying to figure out how the textures works in the game but when i try to add a texture, ill give you an exemple, theres a car mod that have three Leather Textures,

Leather1, Leather2, Leather3, i opened in gimp and photoshop they are with the same color and minimap, so i tryied to add a different texture with the same color, but when i try to see in the game, the colors change, what i need to do to fix that? 

uhm I'm not quite sure what you mean really. you can change the interior color ingame by changing the database colors for the slot, each exterior color has interior colors attached to it which you can switch. if the color is pre-made in the model then it's somwehere in the texture. You can show an example

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 8:59 PM, Leonctrindade said:

Hi people

Im interested in learn how to add new interior colors for the cars that we have ingame, i dont have intention steal the owners of the mods, i just wanna add the colors of the leathers and from the carpet / dashboards from some cars, i´ve been trying to figure out how the textures works in the game but when i try to add a texture, ill give you an exemple, theres a car mod that have three Leather Textures,

Leather1, Leather2, Leather3, i opened in gimp and photoshop they are with the same color and minimap, so i tryied to add a different texture with the same color, but when i try to see in the game, the colors change, what i need to do to fix that? 

How to paint the interior leather in colors, first you need to open the original tdu cars from game in any Zmodeler
2. problem is, if you open the car, you need to know how to put back your names in Zmoeler for all colors and names

3. problem is you will need a very good paintable material or you will need to make it by your self
TDU don't have used paintable materials, all colors got they own names for color 1 or for color 2
modding stuff in tdu is not easy

also there are no modders who put some time in to this, colors works also little darker in game and that's why you need to create your own material by testing it in your game

I have made materials and also learned to use the correct codes in Zmodeler to have the correct colors in game
also don't forget, you will need add colors in tdumt or in tduf for your car and each car when you need colors
they need to be reworked the same way

279894640_984010712296517_6740387045342300645_n.jpg

280100052_1162864417808110_7666378331978538249_n.jpg

312565056_1301037997383546_3852341374719960735_n.jpg