We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Complete Newbie

d4ve000

hi there guys.

just got the game and got xbox live 1 month free subscription.. really finding it hard getting the hang of it all. i have got a house and a ferrari spyder after doing some delivery missions but now theres no more and i have done most of the races that are available to do.. got fined 100k by the cops now i have no money and just the ferrari and the audi tt.

what is the best way i can make some money? i cant work out how to get my rep points up and stuff..

all in all, im a complete newbie.

need a kick start, dont know if its worth me starting again as i lost all the money?

Drive ALL the roads to discover ALL the races/time trials/speed events/car delivery missions/package delivery missions/hitchhikers/model missions

Don't finish the delivery missions (either type) unless you have done them perfectly (no reduction on the meter), for the car delivery mission this makes a HUGE difference in the money you get.

Guest mellors_
Drive ALL the roads to discover ALL the races/time trials/speed events/car delivery missions/package delivery missions/hitchhikers/model missions

Don't finish the delivery missions (either type) unless you have done them perfectly (no reduction on the meter), for the car delivery mission this makes a HUGE difference in the money you get.

yeah on car delivery if you do it perfect you get a 50% bonus so instead of 90,000 you'll get 135,000

car delivery missions have no time limit, so drive SAFE & take your time in those. And as mentioned, you get a hefty bonus for delivering the car w/PERFECT.

80,000 + perfect bonus (40,000) = 120,000

90,000 + 45,000(for perfect) = 135,000 (i think)

99,999 + perfect bonus (49,999?) = 139,999 (if i remember these numbers right)(and there is only a few of these)

the 'Hitchhiker' missions give you enough time to get to the destination if you do @ least 120mph (not sure the kph). The courier have no drivign gauge, so you can take shortcuts to get to the destination, but be careful of cops, as all these 'extra' missions are 'Single Player' missions.

brilliant i will give them all a shot. thanks a lot guys ;) might start again as i have done a few delivery missions without being perfect

One thing that sucks is you can't do the delivery missions again once you complete them. I think your best route for finding new races and stuff is to just cruise. Good luck to you mate, it's a great game and this is a great place to hang out for help. People on this board are very helpful!

Oh if you want some more help with the delivery missions ...

The Mercedes 300SL one is a pain ... the GPS gives you a route over the mountains and as the car sits very low it often bottoms out and gives you 'damage' even when going Very Slow. So I did this the easy way and drove around the mountains, headed south and took the dual carriageway around the bottom of the mountains. As mentioned above the Delivery missions have no time limit and so just take it easy ... which is really difficult if it's your first time in a Zonda or an F1 (well was for me) and all you want to do is floor it. If you do get some 'damage' just restart the mission (it's worth it for the money).

Oh and another piece of advice the 'Tantalus' time trial can be quite stressful. Use a solid handling car, take it easy through the twisty bits and floor it on the straights (you'll know what I mean when you get there).

Good luck

Oh and another piece of advice the 'Tantalus' time trial can be quite stressful. Use a solid handling car, take it easy through the twisty bits and floor it on the straights (you'll know what I mean when you get there).

As a side note, Tantalus is the most fun place on the entire Island :excited:

Guest mellors_
Do the Island Tour race and get the achievement and I'll give you $2m. :D

ya do no that everyones gonna ask you for 2m if they have the achievement now