We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to efficiently convert bnk files to blender

d1vvt

So i downloaded this mod that is an E61 M5 https://hf-garage.ru/files/mody_dlja_test_drive_unlimited/bmw_m/bmw_m5_touring_e61/176-1-0-2550
I want to take the model of this and put it into blender to develop it a bit more and make it a bit more realistic however when i convert it and put it into blender, the model isnt fully joined but the interior is fully joined and i cant separate anything by material. Can anyone help me on how i can get the model without it being joined or atleast regain the materials for it to seperate. The original model is from a FM4 M5 but it would take refitting the whole interior to get it back to what its meant to be like 

2f3c209c54bd19ed479f89d10b3d267b.png

since youre exporting from zmodeler by obj, you can export materials as well. in blender you should have the option to import obj with materials (mtl). if you do that, the single meshes have material IDs applied, then you can get a script or something to seperate meshes via material ID. i dont know blender since i dont use it, but i assume it should be possible, since its the workflow in max too.

Edited by TDUZoqqer