We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Expanding TDU

Woodo

Yeah, I agree. How many gas stations are on island? I think I counted 3 lol. The fact that they were detailed enough makes me wonder if they were planning that kind of thing in the beginning but dropped it. They could have simply have made it a cutscene when you stop at one.

3 gas stations for over 1000 miles of road, sounds a little unrealistic to me. I'm guessing they just added the gas stations as something to put on the road to make the game more realistic without having to design anything other than the graphics. For how many races and cruises the average player goes on everyday, having to stop for gas would just get too repetitive, frustrating and costly for most gamers I would think. Just my opinion, but on how many other games has gas been included? ;)

It would definitely be a first. It would also add to the experience.

I think they may have put in gas stations as a nod to the earlier games of the series. Both Test Drive 1 & 2 were games that had legs. As you finished one leg, you'd have to stop at the gas station where it would show you the stats for how well you did before you continued on to the next leg. If you didn't stop in time for the gas station, it'd be game over.

I've had this discussion about running out of fuel will a lot of people. The best solution we have found is to include fuel as part of hardcore mode or a option in the games settings. This way you have fuel usage if you want a more realistic drive or off if you want to have some fun.

This way everyone will be happy I think.

I've had this discussion about running out of fuel will a lot of people. The best solution we have found is to include fuel as part of hardcore mode or a option in the games settings. This way you have fuel usage if you want a more realistic drive or off if you want to have some fun.

This way everyone will be happy I think.

Read my mind :)

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. I mean, not to compare TDU with flight sims, but you do have the option or running out of fuel or not in them, so the fact that TDU likes to call itself a realistic driving experience, it would make sense to have that option.

And while we're at it, I'll say I want a body shop. Have damage in Hardcore mode where body shops are only accessible with that mode. That's one of the things I can't believe they left out. It just seems a little backwards considering practically every other racing game has damage these days. Sure, there are crazies that would damage your car, but then, damage would keep you on your toes and would add to the immersion and perhaps curb people from speeding all the time. Then you could laugh at someone as you see them wrap their Ferrari around a pole ;) It's pretty much a lifestyle sim, right? And I think adding damage would have people value their cars that much more. It would add a whole new dynamic to the game. Then when you have enough damage, you'd go to the body shop to have it fixed up.

I'm not sure how many of you used to play 1nsane by Codemasters, but that game was brilliant. It introduced new racing modes like capture the flag and king of the hill. Basically, modes that you would only expect in first person shooters. It was pretty innovative. Among the innovations was the damage modeling. Wow, was it ever awesome. Damage was never the same twice. It was modular, and it was dynamic. Whatever spot you hit was the spot that actually got damaged. Parts would go flying off, affecting your vehicle and the frame of your vehicle would actually change based on the impact of your collisions. All this factored into the physics and car handling. If your frame was damaged enough, your center of mass would change, your steering would be affected, etc. I think that technology was carried over to the Colin McRae series of games. That's the kind of stuff I'd like to see in a TDU sequel.

Right if we all needed to buy petrol. I'm sure some gamers would insist on hybrid cars in the game.

Lol, this made my laugh as I'm sure you're right but noone else even gave this a thought before you said it. :) +Rep just for making me laugh Lol.

lol ture but u see live for speed (which they call a racing sim) does run out of fuel

however before a race u can specify the amount of fuel to be put in ur car

entering the pits refuel ur car and damage is also included

greatly recommended for racing sim freaks like me

Now that you mention it, other games too have had fuel consumption, as far back as the Indy 500 game, but then again, for circuit racing, it's almost a given, otherwise it wouldn't be very realistic.

I haven't played any of the Big Rigs games, but I think those have fuel consumption, though I may be wrong.

lol ironically, looking up on Mobygames brings up the Atari 2600 Indy 500 game that was made by them. Not the same one I was actually talking about.