We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New Poster, Long time reader.

Skilfil

I've spent some time on this site, mainly just reading things, I decided to become one of the posters. I've played online, not too good, getting the internet installed into my room. Haven't recognized anyone from this site yet. Different time zones, just wondering, why is it on Xbox Live, all these cars seem to go all spastic? As in, I'm racing along, and theres cars that shoot from one side of the road to another then pop back. :wtf: Anyway, hope to see you guys out there.

welcome aboard.

what you are experiencing is lag (problems with your connection)

if you've played online games before you should be no stranger to the concept.

i dont understand how lag works, so i'll let someone else explain

Welcome aboard the tdu central express. Next stop site to be opened, Yep thats enough of that. Lag works by erm .... by erm... i'll let someone else explain.

Thats for me too... :hmm:

But im sure you could ->:googleit:it?!

Hi welcome to the community :)

What is Lag....? Now that's a good question to ask. From my online racing days we were always trying to understand this. When racing online the last thing we needed was lag. We spent many years trying to full understand it and stop it happening.

Unfortunately it was never going to happen with 56K modems or slower. :( Then when broadband first appeared we thought this was the answer we were looking for. Ok it dose help but not as much as we hoped.

I will try and explain as simple as possible:-

From what we understood lag is when your computer loses information to show where the position of another persons car is that you are connected to. This means it's like a horse that's lost his jockey, the computer displays the car in a random way until it gets information from the computer it is connected to.

The only way to stop this is to have a perfect connection 100% of the time you are connected together. But in the real world that is not always possible so you will always get this problem. But if everyone had mega broadband this would help because if someone connects with a 56K modem then you will amplify the problem.

I hope this is clear to understand, remember this is just how we understood lag so there could be a official answer out there somewhere ;)

welcome to the boards

and all i know about lag is that its annoying on RB6, a mate of mine actually shot himself due to lag, cos the bullet flew at such an incredibly slow speed he outrun the bullet, stopped and got shot LOL)