We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

metal, metal and metal

mclaren8080

who here listens to metal. i love it. i like black metal the most. my two fav. bands are dimmu borgir and cradle of filth. both are great black metal bansd. as or heavy metal i like bring me the horizon and cannible copse. if u have any good metal songs please tell me and ill download them from i-tunes.

that constant bass pedal thrashing and vocal screaming is a bit too much for my old ears... I like my Rok with a bit of melody...

Ranging from Disturbed, Perfect Circle, Trapt, Revelation Theory, Legends like Metalica, Guns n Roses to more mellow chilies, fallout boy, Incubus, Lost Prophets etc.etc the list goes on and on... I like everything that includes some Shut yer P*SS Riffs!!!

Jeezuz... I Almost forgot RAGE!!! Tom rules!

Get a bit of Michael Angelo Batio in your ears for melody. He's skinnier than a rake and has a hair style that would make Nicky Clarke bow down to him. Check him out on Youtube for his vids. He has a guitar with 4 necks!

I like a bit of melodic death/whatever it is purely for the guitars in it. Bands like Children of Bodom and In Flames have some great guitarists. Yes, Alexi Laiho is awesome. Some good old Ozzy can't be beaten. Perry Mason is my favourite. I also listen to Blind Guardian for some cheesy medieval style power metal with the whole band being more than competent with their instruments, or DragonForce for the ultimate in cheese-sensation power metal. Eternal Tears of Sorrow were good in their day too. And despite all this metal-influenced music taste I dress like a pretty boy/"trendy". Stereotyping, dead? Nah... ;)

I also like dance music, pop music, etc. because come on, all you can do to metal is bang your head and jump into people. You can't have a good ol' boogie and make yourself feel like John Travolta. Not that I do that...

EDIT: Topic Creator - you might want to change the "download them" to "download them from iTunes" or something similar.

Get a bit of Michael Angelo Batio in your ears for melody. He's skinnier than a rake and has a hair style that would make Nicky Clarke bow down to him. Check him out on Youtube for his vids. He has a guitar with 4 necks!

I like a bit of melodic death/whatever it is purely for the guitars in it. Bands like Children of Bodom and In Flames have some great guitarists. Yes, Alexi Laiho is awesome. Some good old Ozzy can't be beaten. Perry Mason is my favourite. I also listen to Blind Guardian for some cheesy medieval style power metal with the whole band being more than competent with their instruments, or DragonForce for the ultimate in cheese-sensation power metal. Eternal Tears of Sorrow were good in their day too. And despite all this metal-influenced music taste I dress like a pretty boy/"trendy". Stereotyping, dead? Nah... ;)

I also like dance music, pop music, etc. because come on, all you can do to metal is bang your head and jump into people. You can't have a good ol' boogie and make yourself feel like John Travolta. Not that I do that...

EDIT: Topic Creator - you might want to change the "download them" to "download them from iTunes" or something similar.

i changed it . thats what i meant anyways. dragonforceis and awsome band. i also am a fan of ozzys old stuff. ill listen to any metal. well actually any music. excpt for christaian music.

excpt for christaian music.

So your not a fan of P.O.D. then.

Trivium. never heard of them.

Trivium is/was a good band first album was very good but every said they was the next Metallica so on there second album they decided to try and sound like them, especially the vocalist he changed his style between albums to try and sound more like James from Metallica imo, but I still like them. Listen to the links below.

1st album.

2nd album very metallica like, no official vid so its to DBZ.

Bands that I like range Cradle, Dragonforce, SOad, Rammsteinn, MetallicaCoal chamber, Manson Black Label society, Ozzy. I like punk, Grennday (before American Idiot, the said album was to over played and done my head in), Blink Offspriong(Smash is there bast album imo) The Clash, The S** Pistols, The Jam. I like QOTSA, Eagles of death Metal, Tenacious D, Foo Fighters. Grunge so thats your Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Vines, Silverchair. Brit rockso Oasis, Kaisers, Coldplay, Travis etc. Classic Rock Led Zep, Sabbath, Hendrix, The Who, The Animals.

I like my dance and old school garage and a bit of Hip Hop main people are Faithless, Fat boy Slim and Prodigy, Eminem, Dre, etc.

Guilty pleasures are 70's and 80's music so Status Qou, Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, ZZ Top and any other dodgy songs I can find on my loacls Jukebox.

Bands I have seen live are: American Head Charge, One Minute Silence, In Flames, Slipknot(I'm on Disaster peices DVD and My Plague Video if you pause zoom in and squint your eyes, lol), Chilli Pepperes with Andrew WK in support (bottled AWK took them an hour to mop the stage up for Chili's to come on. Trust Company, Puddle of Mud and Korn. Raging Speedhorn, Sikth, InMe, Biffy Clyro, Eighties Matchbox B-Line, and any other band that have played Thurrock Music Festival.

Sorry about the essay but that was just bearly touching the surface of albums I own and Artists I like. Music is something I am very pasionate about. I own over 300 Albums.

nice!

My Favourite band are the one and only 'The Who', With AC/DC comming a close second. Im a fan of Zepp's wilder songs, although stairway to heaven makes me want to rip my own face off. As aforementioned i love Avenged Sevenfold, and Trivium arent too bad. I have funheadbanging to 'drowning pool - let the bodies hit the floor'. Lordi are good, even if they are somewhat tamed for the wider audience. However I am also a massive fan of Indie. Kaiser chiefs, Franz Ferdinand and The Frattellis amongst my favorites. I also like a small band called 'The Noisettes' (they've been on the radio a few times) and i've seen them live (got a signed poster and a shirt, aswell as a free beer from the drummer :p)

Ive seen a lot of bands live, as i went to glastonbury in '97 and '98 (too young to remember well, but i can remewmber pet shop boys, daft punk and hole) aswell as the children in need concert in '05 in Wrexham (IIRC) which saw the sugarbabes (crap) and other crap i cant remember (none of it involved electric giutars so therefore suckage)

Nodz86

thanks for those links. i listen to only one song of POD. can u guess what it is, here come the boom of course.

i love the first 4 bands u named, cradle is awsome, i listen to rammstein even though i dont speak german. tenasious d and foo fighters are good. not a huge fan of them but i like them.

i also listen to some F.B.S, and alot of eminem

youve seen alot of bands live, i wish i could, but they never play ear or in my town. it sucks.

Lwsbrck

i like ac/dc to. never have or will listen to "the who". i love "let the bodys hit the floor."

i just starred getting into lordi. im really starting to like them.

daft punk is preety good. i like them.

I like:

Slipknot

Trivium

Drowning Pool

Bullet for my Valentine

System of a Down

Linkin Park (MUST COUNT! Nu-metal!)

Guns 'N' Roses

Metallica

Led Zeppelin

The Killers (some of their songs)

More when I can remember them.

i listen to rammstein even though i dont speak german.

never have or will listen to "the who".

how can you say that about The Who, they are one of the best bands around from they're time.

I can't speak Greman either, well I know one or two words, but there is a site that has translated all Rammsteins songs and I think they done an English version of Du Hust.

Edit:

Heres the link to the Rammstein Translations:

http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics

I can't stand rock & metal. I prefer drum & bass & hardcore techno (or anything with a fast beat & alot of Bass)

*aims precision sniper rifle at head*

*patiently listens to AC/DC - Shoot to thrill, waiting for the part where it goes 'PULL THE TRIGGER!'*

DnB gives me headaches, not as bad as the chav trance crap mind

• 1 month later...

I've recently listened to a local band who are making it big, They're called Shellshock.

They are seriously awesome, its metal linked with drum and bass.

http://www.shellshock.tv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6644179&MyToken=d4fe28dd-ee0e-4365-a149-6dd969b2416a

Some of their songs are on there. Hope you like them. :P

Guest RB26DETT

my favorite bands:

metallica

iced earth

disturbed

slipknot

stone sour

rob zombie

velvet revolver

and my favorite band of all time; IRON MAIDEN!!!

Metal, I only listen to the quiater stuff so the quitar Metallica, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Velvet Revolver.

The Who, saw them just over a year ago and they were not loud enough, great band but I think the location just was wrong.

Best bands have to be Pink Floyd, Genesis, Dream Theater and Led Zeppelin, not exactly metal though.