We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What music do you prefer?

Mb

SLIPKNOT HAVE A NEW ALBUM? Awesome.

Thats exactly what I thought. I thought they weren't doing anything for a while whilst they undertook solo projects, (even though Slipknot was technically a side project for Corey and James as Stone Sour was going before Slipknot). Also I thought some songs on the last Album sounded like Stone Sour rather than slipknot especially that one where they are in the room without the Masks on (can't remember the song).

i was just saying im waiting for the next one. i didnt say there was a new one out.....

I'm a Indie man myself I like bands like The Editors, Hard Fi, The Smiths, The Wombats (they are gonna be huge) etc etc but I also listen to classic RnB like Marvin Gaye, MOTOWN etc etc and I listen to greats such as Queen, Bowie, Genesis etc etc etc.

So I have quite a varied music taste but mainly I listen to indie.

currently i'm very into my indie and am 'branded' and 'indie kid' at school. I'm also into the softer rock, rock, dance, some hip-hop and the ocassional nu rave.

favourite band of the moment - the enemy. Lyricly the band is amazing and they are reviewed as amazing live therefore i am going to see them in brixton later in the year (along with the wombats and lethal bizzle!)

other bands i like at the moment include: dan le sac vs scroobious pip (absolutely incredable lyrics and style), the rakes, the cribs, kanye west (stronger, sorry lewis), arctic monkeys, klaxons, bloc party, editors...

nice to see someone has decent taste :excited:

I'm into underground House music (esp. deep and progressive), old euphoric trance and house (Energy 52, Da Hool, BBE, System F, Paul Van Dyk, Armand Van Helden), maybe some breakbeat.

some mixes

I also like really old synth bands (OMD, Eurythmics, the odd Kraftwerk track)

There are some guitar bands I like (Dire Straits, Simple Minds). I even have a couple of Metallica CDs (however I hate most heavy metal). I like some of the more modern stuff, too, when I hear it on the radio, but I'm not into it enough to have bought any of it.

MadMax, sorry fella, but that Verve remix is utter tosh. I'm very disappointed that an artist of Moby's calibre could release that.

In fact, I feel like that about virtually all modern commercial dance music. It's all formulaic tripe. Maybe I'm getting old. :D

Modern underground trance is rubbish, too. No-one seems to have the inspiration to produce anything good anymore. :(

MadMax, sorry fella, but that Verve remix is utter tosh. I'm very disappointed that an artist of Moby's calibre could release that.

It isn't Moby. I know pretty much everything he's ever made (HUGE fan) and this is nowhere near his style.

I, myself spent my teenage years being an indie-kid as well. Nirvana (Before they broke through), Breeders, Pixies, Radiohead, Sonic Youth and seveal others, while at the same time keeping up with Biohazard, Sepultura, Metallica, Napalm Death, Body Count, Pantera and more of the harder bands. As I got older I learnt to appreciate Pink Floyd, Faith No More, Queen, Rammstein and other mainstream stuff that you just can't get around.

New rock today died while the producers spammed Linkin' Park, Creed, P.O.D. and other junk that looked and sounded the absolute same on the market in order to make money. So I find myself in the same tracks that my father did by discarding most new stuff for being heard a million times before and not bringing anything new to the table.

The stuff that stuck with me is stuff like Faith No More, Filter, Fun Lovin' Criminals and Rammstein.

At the same time I enjoy Miles Davis, Coltrane, Cohen as well as Beethoven. So I spread out wide.

And of course Moby