We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fastest speeder ever caught

Nodz86

A motorist has pleaded guilty to driving at 172mph on a rural A-road, making him the fastest speeder ever caught in Britain.

Tim Brady, 33, was caught in a random speed check on the A420 near Abingdon, Oxfordshire, driving a £98,000 3.6-litre Porsche 911 Turbo in January this year.

The current highest speed to result in a conviction is 156mph.

In a short appearance at Oxford Crown Court, Brady pleaded guilty to one count of dangerous driving.

His plea of not guilty to one count of aggravated vehicle-taking was accepted by the Crown Prosecution Service and he will be sentenced next month.

Brady, of Harrow, north-west London, resigned from his job at car lease firm Helphire at its Abingdon branch days after police stopped him in the car.

A spokeswoman for road safety charity Brake branded his actions "selfish".

"The idea of someone driving at that speed is horrific. The chances that a person will be able to control a vehicle at that speed if something unexpected happens is slim.

"It is extremely selfish. Nobody has the right to put other people's lives at risk like that."

In 2003, car dealer Jason McAllister was caught doing 156mph in his 3.2-litre BMW M3 in Scotland. He was jailed for five months.

I always thought the fastest was a 1000BHP Supra caught on the A1 at night doing around the 180/190mph, well thats what Max Power or Fast Car said a few years ago.

A person in Texas (I think) got caught at 240 apparently but in the UK I have no idea.

Oh and the story of the speed limits is that a car (cobra) went 170 down the M1 and they didn't like it very much. I know thats not speeding then but, I don't know what i'm talking about.

A person in Texas (I think) got caught at 240 apparently but in the UK I have no idea.

Oh and the story of the speed limits is that a car (cobra) went 170 down the M1 and they didn't like it very much. I know thats not speeding then but, I don't know what i'm talking about.

Offtopic, Pherelas your post was the 25,000th here! We have been online coming up for 7 months on the 2nd so I'd say it's quite an achievement !

That was the Konigsegfgdsfds Driver in the Gumball.. And this guy lives in my town!! (Harrow, North-West London)..

I always thought the fastest was a 1000BHP Supra caught on the A1 at night doing around the 180/190mph, well thats what Max Power or Fast Car said a few years ago.

It was Smoky Nagata in a Supra for Max Power... (and he broke 210MPH IIRC)

He didn't get convicted so it doesn't really count, he only got banned from driving in the UK for it.

It was Smoky Nagata in a Supra for Max Power... (and he broke 210MPH IIRC)

He didn't get convicted so it doesn't really count, he only got banned from driving in the UK for it.

Thought it was, what happaned to his car? did that get deported with him?

Yea, I'm sure it was someone in Texas doing 200 mph+. Pretty crazy mind you.

This is about the fastest speeder in the UK.