We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central PC Competition Re-launch!!

S71NG3R

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, hey, is this project getting moving again? I'm still in!

That is, if I can get the game to work. I haven't played in quite a while because the damn thing keeps locking.

Yes but I want to do some more cruises to see how the connections are first. I had problems last night connecting to TheScottishSpotter.

• 1 month later...

There are still connection problems but looks like we will have to go with what we got.

In the new year I will start this up again and find out who is available to do it and when.

The voice communication is still hit and miss with TheScottishSpotter but we are working to find the best solution.

There are still connection problems but looks like we will have to go with what we got.

In the new year I will start this up again and find out who is available to do it and when.

The voice communication is still hit and miss with TheScottishSpotter but we are working to find the best solution.

Ventrillo? Or in-game mics? As speed and him use it ...

Well thinkning about it, you've probably tried these :D

• 4 weeks later...

PC Competition Re-launch!!

PC Competition Re-launch!!

The time is here for the much anticipated PC competition.

We have solutions to most of the problems and are ready to do the competition. Thank you for everyone's patience as this has been the longest on-going competition in TDU Central history so we're very sorry about that but hey it's finally here !

There are some changes to the competition from where we got up to last time and I must apologise first to all entrants about the changes.

You will see I have reset all entrants and cars that were chosen. You will all need to list yourself as an entrant if you are taking part but those that were listed the first time have priority on the cars they wanted.

Here are the new rules:

TDU Central - Challenge Competition for PC

TDU Central are proud to announce the first PC competition!!

Think you’re a good driver? Maybe even the best? Well now you can prove it.

You have just spent your hard earned money on an expensive supercar. The challenge now is to get to the lighthouse for a photo shoot. The only winners here are the ones who can get to the lighthouse without crashing their car.

The Rules:

We will be following UK road rules so no passing on the right (undertaking) or going over any red lights.

You have to Start from the Car Park at the Southern lighthouse and drive to the top left lighthouse (see map below).

Full road rules apply, no crashing, undertaking, outside lane hogging, going through red lights, dangerous driving, going off road and making other traffic take evasive action. In other words be courteous and treat that supercar like it was your own.

The supercars are road legal and are restricted to 155MPH/250KPH.

Scoring is done by a points system; if you get maximum points then sorry but you are out of the competition. You MUST leave the session if you reach the maximum of 5 points.

There will be a maximum of 4 people each time. There will be 2 judges, 1 in front leading and 1 at the very back. The judges will be watching at all times making sure you do not to break any of the rules above. However they will let you off at their discretion if you have been made to break a rule because of a glitch in the game. The judges’ word is final!

The people with the lowest score in each group will go through to the Semi-final. Winners of the Semi-final will then go through to the Final.

If more than one person has the same score we go for an elimination drive after the photo shoot. We go for the elimination drive until there is an eventual group Winner.

The Final:

The Final will be in Hardcore mode (Driving aids any or off) and is an elimination drive until there is an eventual Winner.

Points system:

Any kind of crashing = 1 pt

Undertaking = 1 pt

Going through red lights = 1 pt

Making other traffic take evasive action = 1 pt

Braking the restricted speed limit 155MPH/250KPH = 1 pt(going over the speed limit is allowed when overtaking)

Outside lane hogging = 1 pt

Dangerous driving = 1 pt

Going off road = 1 pt

Overtaking the leader judge = 1 pt

How to enter:

The competition will start on Saturday 26th January @ 9pm UK time.

Please reply if you want to be in the competition and are available to participate on this date and after.

There will be a maximum of 4 people per group and 2 judges in the session.

The closing date for listing yourself as an entrant is Saturday 19th January.

Entrants will be grouped together based on your local timezone.

Car list:

You can only pick one car. Your car will be added to your name and then removed from the list so the first to reply get a better choice.

Saleen S7 twin turbo

McLaren F1

McLaren F1 GTR

Koenigsegg CC8S

Enzo Ferrari

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

Pagani Zonda C12S

Lamborghini Murcielago Coupe

Maserati MC12

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

Ford GT

Ascari K21

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Coupe

Jaguar XJ220

Lamborghini Gallardo SE

Noble M12 GTO-3R

Ferrari F430

Ferrari F430 Spyder

Dodge Viper SRT 10

Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM

Ferrari 575M Maranello

Spyker C8 Laviolette

Ferrari 288 GTO

Noble M15

Aston Martin Vanquish S

Lotus Esprit V8

Prizes:

1st: Exclusive Winner TDU Central forum item and an Official Atari hoodie.

2nd: Exclusive Runner-up TDU Central forum item and an Official Atari t-shirt.

3rd: Official Atari t-shirt.

Group Winners: TDU Central forum item and a place in the Semi-final.

Group Losers: TDU Central forum item.

* Due to the technical difficulties with the PC version you may have difficulties completing the competition by being disconnected and will need to arrange a new slot. Should this happen then all progress you have accumulated in the current challenge will be lost.

The Judges

1. S71NG3R

2. TheScottishSpotter

The judges will be in constant communication with each other.

Group A (GMT Time zone)

Group B (PST Time zone GMT-8)

Group C (WDT Time zone GMT+9)

Semi Final Entrants

Group A winners

Group B winners

Group C winners

Final Entrants

Semi Final winners

Note:

If there is only 1 driver from a time zone in the final the longest miles driven without getting a point will determine the overall winner.

Original Entrants (for reference only)

1. Iced_Bullet - Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

2. BeetrootShoes - Ford GT

3. MartijnMezger - Noble M12 GTO-3R

4. -Lr-SpeedraceR - Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM

5. ShadowXR8 - Ferrari 575M Maranello

6. JonLim - Noble M15

Ah cool it's posted. Not the G-Spyder, your always in that :D. Anyway i don't have control on the matter so you are "allowed" it :oook:
Fine, if S71NG3R agrees with you, then I'll choose the Ford GT :)

But only if S71NG3R agrees.

E: Actually I'll go in the GT anyway. *previous post edited*

Still the M15... Can't we take something slower, like class E? For one thing, keeping to the speed limit won't be so difficult and boring, and another, I want an excuse to dig my XK out of the garage again...

Sorry but the cars in class E are not super cars. It's a competition not a cruise it's not going to be easy.