We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central PC Competition Re-launch!!

S71NG3R

TDU Central - Challenge Competition for PC

TDU Central are proud to announce the first PC competition!!

Think you’re a good driver? Maybe even the best? Well now you can prove it.

You have just spent your hard earned money on an expensive supercar. The challenge now is to get to the lighthouse for a photo shoot. The only winners here are the ones who can get to the lighthouse without crashing their car.

The Rules:

We will be following UK road rules so no passing on the right (undertaking) or going over any red lights.

You have to Start from the Car Park at the Southern lighthouse and drive to the top left lighthouse (see map below).

Full road rules apply, no crashing, undertaking, outside lane hogging, going through red lights, dangerous driving, going off road and making other traffic take evasive action. In other words be courteous and treat that supercar like it was your own.

The supercars are road legal and are restricted to 155MPH/250KPH.

Scoring is done by a points system; if you get maximum points then sorry but you are out of the competition. You MUST leave the session if you reach the maximum of 5 points.

There will be a maximum of 4 people each time. There will be 2 judges, 1 in front leading and 1 at the very back. The judges will be watching at all times making sure you do not to break any of the rules above. However they will let you off at their discretion if you have been made to break a rule because of a glitch in the game. The judges’ word is final!

The people with the lowest score in each group will go through to the Semi-final. Winners of the Semi-final will then go through to the Final.

If more than one person has the same score we go for an elimination drive after the photo shoot. We go for the elimination drive until there is an eventual group Winner.

Important rules update for all to read!!!

If no one makes it to the top lighthouse by getting all 5 points then the winners will be determined by the person who did the most miles.

The Final:

The Final will be in Hardcore mode (Driving aids any or off) and is an elimination drive until there is an eventual Winner.

Points system:

Any kind of crashing = 1 pt

Undertaking = 1 pt

Going through red lights = 1 pt

Making other traffic take evasive action = 1 pt

Braking the restricted speed limit 155MPH/250KPH = 1 pt(going over the speed limit is allowed when overtaking)

Outside lane hogging = 1 pt

Dangerous driving = 1 pt

Going off road = 1 pt

Overtaking the leader judge = 1 pt

How to enter:

The competition will start on Saturday 26th January @ 9pm UK time.

Please reply if you want to be in the competition and are available to participate on this date and after.

There will be a maximum of 4 people per group and 2 judges in the session.

The closing date for listing yourself as an entrant is Saturday 19th January.

Entrants will be grouped together based on your local timezone.

Car list:

You can only pick one car. Your car will be added to your name and then removed from the list so the first to reply get a better choice.

Saleen S7 twin turbo

McLaren F1

McLaren F1 GTR

Koenigsegg CC8S

Enzo Ferrari

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

Pagani Zonda C12S

Lamborghini Murcielago Coupe

Maserati MC12

Ascari K21

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Coupe

Jaguar XJ220

Ferrari F430

Ferrari F430 Spyder

Noble M14

Ferrari 575M Maranello

Spyker C8 Laviolette

Ferrari 288 GTO

Aston Martin Vanquish S

Lotus Esprit V8

Prizes:

1st: Exclusive Winner TDU Central forum item and an Official Atari hoodie.

2nd: Exclusive Runner-up TDU Central forum item and an Official Atari t-shirt.

3rd: Official Atari t-shirt.

Group Winners: TDU Central forum item and a place in the Semi-final.

Group Losers: TDU Central forum item.

* Due to the technical difficulties with the PC version you may have difficulties completing the competition by being disconnected and will need to arrange a new slot. Should this happen then all progress you have accumulated in the current challenge will be lost.

The Judges

1. S71NG3R

2. TheScottishSpotter

The judges will be in constant communication with each other.

Group A (GMT Time zone) Sunday 27th January 2008 @ 6:30pm

1. Iced_Bullet - Ford GT - Attempt complete.

2. Mb - Noble M12 GTO-3R

3. Enos - Lamborghini Gallardo SE

4. -Lr-SpeedraceR - Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM

Group B (WDT Time zone GMT+9) Sunday 3rd February 2008 @ 7pm WDT (10am GMT)

1. JonLim - Dodge Viper SRT 10

2. ShadowGT - Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder - Attempt complete

Semi Final Entrants

Group A winners

Group B winners

Final Entrants

Semi Final winners

Note:

If there is only 1 driver from a time zone in the final the longest miles driven without getting a point will determine the overall winner.

Original Entrants (for reference only)

1. Iced_Bullet - Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

2. BeetrootShoes - Ford GT

3. MartijnMezger - Noble M12 GTO-3R

4. -Lr-SpeedraceR - Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM

5. ShadowXR8 - Ferrari 575M Maranello

6. JonLim - Noble M14

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds confusing but understandable. I would like to participate. But I would also like to be the one to design a front cover for a TDU-C magazine. I have a few ideas or if someone has done so already forget about it.

Please ask any questions you or anyone else has, I will be happy to answer them.

Thank you for your offer details about the magazine will be known in the future.

One more question, when in the over taking lane, sometimes you wait for traffic to pull into the inside lane but sometimes they don't so could we make a rule if you stay behind a car for 1 mile and still doesn't pull in you can undertake that traffic car?

One more question, when in the over taking lane, sometimes you wait for traffic to pull into the inside lane but sometimes they don't so could we make a rule if you stay behind a car for 1 mile and still doesn't pull in you can undertake that traffic car?

No you get this in real life so no. If you undertake and the police see it you will get a fine. ;)

So we will have to stay behind and wait. This adds to the challenge and creates tension.

It's like that then is it. So you and Scottish will be the Police type of thing watching us all the way?

Is there a limit of how many cars we can over take at once?

You can think of the judges as police yes.

There is no limit to how many cars you can overtake but you can't overtake the leader judge.

Please please please can I participate ?? :)

I love road rules :)

Two questions, you don't seem to mention a "time-limit"... is there one, or does the back judge have to go at the slowest's pace? Plus, will there be stops on way, or is it a non-stopper?

It's not a race so the pace will be set by the leader judge and everyone follows one behind the other. The leader judge will stop when the group is held up at lights, junctions etc.

There will be no stopping only to re-group and when the judges need to give points.

I'll do it but i don't know what time it is on cos I'm Australian. anyone good at converting timezones?

Also what will happen if we join & people have connect probs or the traffic psychs out like it occasionally will online?

Sydney is UK time +10 so it would be 7am.

If you join and you don't have a strong connection then you will have to leave and arrange a new slot.

When people join they need to lock to the leader judge this will give the best possible sync for lights and traffic. As said in the rules the judges are aware of the problems and will let you off at their discretion.

Sydney is UK time +10 so it would be 7am.

If you join and you don't have a strong connection then you will have to leave and arrange a new slot.

When people join they need to lock to the leader judge this will give the best possible sync for lights and traffic. As said in the rules the judges are aware of the problems and will let you off at their discretion.

wow, so we wont be locking onto the back judge? Sorry if this sounds weird, but from what I can gather, locking only to the lead judge gives you best connection... sorry... :P I've only had TDU 2 or so weeks, and don't the the full ins and outs ;)

It's not a race so the pace will be set by the leader judge and everyone follows one behind the other. The leader judge will stop when the group is held up at lights, junctions etc.

There will be no stopping only to re-group and when the judges need to give points.

OK, so if the, say 4th participant, goes a lot slower than the lead judge, he will not slow, but stop on-route somewhere and wait from these people to catch up? I'm just wondering how slow to go ;) lol

:( Ahhhh Dammit I want to do this but I can't stay online after 9 Pm by that date. Besides, I hate hoodies anyway and this doesn't really mean you are the best driver, just that you are a boring granny sticking to road rules :P ;)

The ony thing I was intersted in was that cover shot, but oh well

100!!!!!!! wOOt:monkeydance: :shocked:

:( Ahhhh Dammit I want to do this but I can't stay online after 9 Pm by that date. Besides, I hate hoodies anyway and this doesn't really mean you are the best driver, just that you are a boring granny sticking to road rules :P ;)

The ony thing I was intersted in was that cover shot, but oh well

100!!!!!!! wOOt:monkeydance: :shocked:

grats on 100 posts :)

wow, so we wont be locking onto the back judge? Sorry if this sounds weird, but from what I can gather, locking only to the lead judge gives you best connection... sorry... :P I've only had TDU 2 or so weeks, and don't the the full ins and outs ;)

OK, so if the, say 4th participant, goes a lot slower than the lead judge, he will not slow, but stop on-route somewhere and wait from these people to catch up? I'm just wondering how slow to go ;) lol

You have keep up with the lead judge when possible. If anyone is holding up the group by going too slow and not stuck behind any traffic you will get a warning from the judge. So you can't cheat by going 1MPH. ;)

You have keep up with the lead judge when possible. If anyone is holding up the group by going too slow and not stuck behind any traffic you will get a warning from the judge. So you can't cheat by going 1MPH. ;)

damn, haha 2mph? ;) lol joke, you can cruise your car at a constant 6 - 8mph if you just let go of accelerator xD but I don't think you'd be impressed :P

OK, so a warning = ~0.5 pt? or something? lol

Plus I just thought while in TDU...

Points system:

Braking the restricted speed limit 155MPH/250KPH = 1 pt(going over the speed limit is allowed when overtaking)

I take it that the overtaking is only when say you're in a 2 lane road (1 for each direction). You cant cross to other side when there are 2 or more lanes or your side?

Damn 7am! i'll have to get ready for school at that time! Can we change the day to a weekend? sat or sun in the same week should be good for most people?

Indeed! That would be great if that was possible :)