We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Wireless Network?

Speed

Hey, I'm thinking about getting a 360 this coming week, but I have a possible problem. We have a Wireless network in our house, so there is no way to get the internet trhough a line to my room. For my computer I have a wireless adapter, and I found this for the 360 but I was just wondering if anyone else uses one, whether it's easy to set up and whether it works for the Elite version of the 360 as well? Thanks in advance :)

But speed, you forgot to say that the wireless network in your house is crap! :p so may be you could just buy a really long cable and put it up the stairs under the carpet! or move the rooter :s

Hope that helped ;)

My network isn't rubbish, so shut up. And there's no need to post when you have nothing helpful to say, you seem to do that a lot, it's just spam really, no need for it.

You've said it yourself it's rubbish - I quote "My *nnvdbkbd* network is rubbish, why do you and *insert friend name* get so good netwrok speed, and is it any wonder i lag on TDU when I get a download speed of aroun 20kps on *insert application name*"

If that's how I remember it, (which it probably was, give or take a few words), then the point you just made was invalid

Plus the bit about the wire is totally founded, ofc you can buy a cable and put it to your room if needs be, it's not unheard of. A wired network is far more secure than your average wireless ones, plus you don't get all the health draw backs you do with wireless.

And also, you could move the rooter aswell, that's not exactly rocket science is it now. I'm sure your technological skills can streach that far!

It's slow yes, but that's not the same as it being 'crap.' It does the job doesn't it?

The router has to be next to the phone line which it is, I can't move it anywhere but there.

And that whole thing has nothing to do with me asking if an Xbox 360 wireless adapter can work with a 360 Elite.

Owned.

OK, well it is to do with a wireless network which will be going on your 360!

Plus I'm not owned because I was saying that your wireless network was 'crap' because YOU had said it was 'crap' at college! So if anything, it's an owned right back at you!

Anyway, you should get a wired network for the 360 - if its possible in your house, I havnt studied it that greatly :p because you do lag quite a bit .... due to your network! and it's made even worse when your download files!

Anyway, you should get a wired network for the 360 - if its possible in your house, I havnt studied it that greatly :p because you do lag quite a bit .... due to your network! and it's made even worse when your download files!

Total crap post imho.

I use a wireless Lan Aswell, did you see me lag at TDU? Nope....:)

I can even download 20 movies at the same time without having lag.:cool:

For the Elite, Yes you can us the wireless adapter, only thing the color won't be the same :p Wireless works fine with me. So far (Last 2 days) i haven't had any disconnections because it couldn't find the router.

Total crap post imho.

For the Elite, Yes you can us the wireless adapter, only thing the color won't be the same :p Wireless works fine with me. So far (Last 2 days) i haven't had any disconnections because it couldn't find the router.

Cool :) Thanks for the help, I can go ahead and get it now.

Total crap post imho.

Sorry, but you've got the wrong end of the stick, as you may know - or have forgotten, myself and Speed are good friends in real life, therefore me talking about HIS wireless network has NOTHING to do with YOUR wireless network. For one thing, you live in a completly different time zone, so yes, you may have perfect netowrk speed, however myself and Speed (mainly speed) live in a random village in the countryside!

So really YOUR post was total crap imho (what ever that means)

I know, but wireless has nothing to do with the place you live actually... :)

Generally no it doesn't ... however ...

We have significantly slower internet speeds that anywhere else (i.e. Amercia and other parts of the UK), so therefore our network speed is slower - plus Speed's is slower than mine, and it's due to his wireless adaptop being crap ... so technically those things joined together do mean that geographical and technological means DO affect your connection speeds

Oh @ Speed, yes I just remembered what imho means (in my honest opinion)

Oooo, things are really hotting up in here between you two and Mb looks like he's joining. I think i will stay away and not get involved with this as it may end up with severe consequences! ;)

Yeah Speed will come off worse ;) - damn it's the hols, I can't get him at college rofl

ps. congrats Speed on 700 posts - it was posted as an argument against me - I fell so proud! :p

Now now children, please stop this, serious consequences will occur if this continues, it's not just this thread but it's all over the forum. Take this as a warning if this continues i will be issuing infractions and if it still continues ban's will be issued.

Now now children, please stop this, serious consequences will occur if this continues, it's not just this thread but it's all over the forum. Take this as a warning if this continues i will be issuing infractions and if it still continues ban's will be issued.

Sorry, not being rude ... but what have we actually done wrong.

We're only having an adult conversation, and as far as I can tell we're not giving invalid reasoning, using vast amount of emoticons, talking in slang laguage or even god forbid - swearing!

Plus, what have we been doing ALL over the forum?

Ok sorry baldred, didn't mean for all this to happen. Obviously we're just too competitive at proving each other wrong Lol :) Won't happen again.

Thats exactly what the problem is, if one of your disagree then you start having an argument. This then takes the thread off topic, results in other members becoming involved, it's also unpleasant for other members, and it's not what the forum is for.

Sorry, not being rude ... but what have we actually done wrong.

We're only having an adult conversation, and as far as I can tell we're not giving invalid reasoning, using vast amount of emoticons, talking in slang laguage or even god forbid - swearing!

Plus, what have we been doing ALL over the forum?

Basically the above takes place on many threads, it's starting to become annoying, and i have had several complaints from other members, saying this is unnecessary and some members even feel it is spam.

I'm afraid we're not here so you two can argue over small things, we are here as a community for tdu lovers, and we have to take member opinion's very seriously, please don't ask for members names as these will not be disclosed. As the rules state, please only post if you feel it is constructive to the conversation, not slagging off the other member, calling there post CRAP and arguing.

Next time you post just think, Is this constructive to the conversation.

Thanks

Baldred

OK, sorry, would this reporting be about our argument in the Sig Thread also?

I'm sorry if I have been a child :( I've now learnt we cannot have arguments here (as it's spam) - I'll save them for MSN :)

and I know this is off topic again, but I'm letting you know I'm sorry ... and deeply ashamed