We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post Your Screenshots Thread!

Guest RB26DETT

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded the WRC FIA game demo. Is pretty fun, much more so than the trailers and beta gameplay videos had led me to believe...

As you can probably tell, I much prefer Mikko Hirvonen to Sebastian Loeb... ;)

When I finally saw that a new WRC game was being released I almost died with excitement, then I downloaded the demo and I have to say I'm pretty under-whelmed as a lot of other WRC series fans seem to be. From the first WRC game until Evolution I've been quite happy with what's been produced but this demo seems to lack in pretty much everything and I can't see the full game being much different which is sad, really.

Atleast I'm not the only one who prefers Hirvonen to Loeb. God, I hate that man with a passion.

When I finally saw that a new WRC game was being released I almost died with excitement, then I downloaded the demo and I have to say I'm pretty under-whelmed as a lot of other WRC series fans seem to be. From the first WRC game until Evolution I've been quite happy with what's been produced but this demo seems to lack in pretty much everything and I can't see the full game being much different which is sad, really.

Atleast I'm not the only one who prefers Hirvonen to Loeb. God, I hate that man with a passion.

So would you say the game itself is poor, or more a reflection of the state the WRC is in now? For me it's the latter (only 2 works teams? Really?), because the game is, if not entirely realistic, then at least pretty fun

So would you say the game itself is poor' date=' or more a reflection of the state the WRC is in now? For me it's the latter (only 2 works teams? Really?), because the game is, if not entirely realistic, then at least pretty fun [/quote']

The game is OK, but that's it really. I heard the developers were on a tight budget or something so I think they've done pretty well if that is true. But the tracks are too wide open, I drove both cars in and the handling was.. weird to say the least. I know they aren't going to handle like they're on tarmac but I want to feel connected to the surface I'm racing on in one way or another.

The real WRC is a lost cause now, and I never wanted it to be. I don't want to go and stand in the middle of a forest in Wales this November to watch a boring old Citroen and Ford plough on uneventfully through a course already knowing who was going to win the championship. It's dull, it's predictable, I hate it. It's a waste of time. The more Loeb wins, the less interested I become in the sport. It's why I much prefer going to watch national rallies now because they're never predictable.

I miss the days when Subaru, Mitsubishi, Skoda, Hyundai and all the other teams were in the WRC along with Ford and Citroen. When there were actually drivers I wanted to root for winning. Now I just go along to catch up on gossip with the people I go with and for the pub we go to after.

From what i have heard i wont be getting it as there is no way of having steering wheels.

You can just have the keyboard.

So meh

The demo worked with my G25 just fine, and with force feedback :confused:

The game is OK, but that's it really. I heard the developers were on a tight budget or something so I think they've done pretty well if that is true. But the tracks are too wide open, I drove both cars in and the handling was.. weird to say the least. I know they aren't going to handle like they're on tarmac but I want to feel connected to the surface I'm racing on in one way or another.

The real WRC is a lost cause now, and I never wanted it to be. I don't want to go and stand in the middle of a forest in Wales this November to watch a boring old Citroen and Ford plough on uneventfully through a course already knowing who was going to win the championship. It's dull, it's predictable, I hate it. It's a waste of time. The more Loeb wins, the less interested I become in the sport. It's why I much prefer going to watch national rallies now because they're never predictable.

I miss the days when Subaru, Mitsubishi, Skoda, Hyundai and all the other teams were in the WRC along with Ford and Citroen. When there were actually drivers I wanted to root for winning. Now I just go along to catch up on gossip with the people I go with and for the pub we go to after.

Pretty much the same for me then. This is the exact same reason why i hated Michael Schumacher during his Ferrari days... Ah well, at least next year might be a little more promising with the new rules. Other than Ford, Citroen and Mini, do you know who else will be competing? Skoda has a S2000 car but I'm not sure if they're stepping up to the top league?

Pretty much the same for me then. This is the exact same reason why i hated Michael Schumacher during his Ferrari days... Ah well, at least next year might be a little more promising with the new rules. Other than Ford, Citroen and Mini, do you know who else will be competing? Skoda has a S2000 car but I'm not sure if they're stepping up to the top league?

I was watching a WRC Highlights program the other week and they said that VW were showing some interest and there was another manufacturer that they mentioned who was also showing interest in joining the sport but I can't remember who it was.

Decided to take control of some neighbouring cities earlier. My empire is even bigger now :p

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/CivilizationV_DX112010-10-0513-18-44-78.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/CivilizationV_DX112010-10-0513-18-49-42.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/CivilizationV_DX112010-10-0513-29-25-66.jpg

I just need to get rid of Almaty and the whole of the Chinese Empire and I should have more than enough space to myself to grow into a truely unstoppable force :cool:

Might have to try Sid Meier's Civilization V :confused: Was a huge fan of Medieval Total War back in the day :cool: (kind of similar :cheeky:)

For now, some WRC stuff :hide:

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu63/Kelvjy/Shift/WRC8.jpg

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu63/Kelvjy/Shift/WRC14.jpg

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu63/Kelvjy/Shift/WRC6.jpg