We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Racing wheel

Telos

I'm thinking of buying a racing wheel. I'm already really exited cause driving with a pad just isn't enough. I was looking different wheels today and I could use your opinions. One thing I want is a real gear switcher. F1 style pads for switching gears are alright too if some wheel has those. And pedals of course.

So what wheels do you recommend? Price should be about the same than the Microsoft's own XBOX360 wheel.

Microsoft's own wheel is the only Force Feedback (FFB) wheel due to their greedy money money money thinking so if you want FFB then that's all that you got for choice, however this wheel is currently have a rethink due to it's tendency to smoke and melt itself inside so at the moment uhh ...not much I'm afraid.

LOgitech's Drive FX is the only other wheel and it has some kind of Rumble with 2 motors to produce something like FFB but it's not. The 360 uses an unconventional API for FFB so if you want to make a FFB product for the 360, you need to pay and ask for MS's permission, a load of crap yes, this is why I like racing games on the PS2/3 as you can effectively use any wheel !!

Now that I search netstores some more I see that there are no choices left. It's either the Logitech DriveFX or Microsoft's own wheel. Logitech's costs 50 euro's less than Microsoft's and Microsoft's isn't available until january. Does anyone have any experience with the Logitech's wheel? I'll go and try it at the store and if it feels ok I think I'll end up with that one.

Sorry for my extensive double posting but I've been reading some wheel reviews and I'm changing my opinion. I think the Microsoft's wheel is the best choice. It cost's a bit more and is not available until sometime january 2008 but what I've been reading it's the best wheel. Or does anyone have any other recommendation?