We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Who uses IE7?

Eudemon

Pherelas if Firefox shows it wrong then sorry to say mate it's you that has it wrong, IE has always been the bane of web developers lives. Firefox and Opera are the most standard compliant browsers available and I have a link for you:

http://validator.w3.org

Not to mention the addons such as the Web Developer toolbar as well as HTML validators and cleanup tools. No web developer would ever admit that IE is better than Firefox, it just doesn't happen. :oook: :p ;)

Right on Diablo. Its true that devs would never say that IE is better. My cousin used to work at Google (part time) and everyone there never used IE for anything its all Firefox. They have their own OP at Google they call it Gubuntu. lol I used to go to his job in New york. The place is mad fun.

So to say FIREFOX IS BETTER. :D

Yeah 200th post:excited:

whoops I'm srry that is your pic. LOL

WOW I feel so stupid, yeah So you go the Object Dock Iced_Bullet.

How do you like it?

Yeah, I love it :D as you can see from my screen shot, I kinda use it instead of the XP start bar. I'm still getting used to it, as I've only just converted :p

I've filled it to it's max I think. (added 2 more links since the screen-shot) And now, when it expands, it reaches the side of the screen.

But I love the idea, and it makes me want a mac even more :(

Pherelas if Firefox shows it wrong then sorry to say mate it's you that has it wrong, IE has always been the bane of web developers lives. Firefox and Opera are the most standard compliant browsers available and I have a link for you:

http://validator.w3.org

Not to mention the addons such as the Web Developer toolbar as well as HTML validators and cleanup tools. No web developer would ever admit that IE is better than Firefox, it just doesn't happen. :oook: :p ;)

Example being the problem in this thread, Opera and Firefox show up fine as it is but for IE even IE7 I have to use some code that only IE can see in order to use different settings to make it work like it should have.

Well i'm not a proper Web Developer just a fake one lol. I hate doing the design side of stuff so the chances og me doing somthing wrong are quite high lol but it just allways seems to be the way that firfox is allways different to IE and Opera, i'm probably just wierd.

I also prefer IE7 when i'm on the internet browsing not coding for it. Just seems to be layed out much better now.

Ha just used that to check my lastest thing i've been working on and got 14 errors, yay. Just kept telling me off for using ID to put in css more than once, i'm having to re do all the design stuff anyway as it looks slightly worse that stilton cheese served on a bed of spinich and nissans cubes.

Yeah, I love it :D as you can see from my screen shot, I kinda use it instead of the XP start bar. I'm still getting used to it, as I've only just converted :p

I've filled it to it's max I think. (added 2 more links since the screen-shot) And now, when it expands, it reaches the side of the screen.

But I love the idea, and it makes me want a mac even more :(

Don't get mac!!

The Object dock is a really quick way to get want you want to open instead of the start menu. I have gotten completely used to it, I don't use my start menu unless I really need too.

If anyone is interested in it, get it. Its so hassle free.

Thanks man, you should really high-res those, I'm paying for the bandwidth after all. lol

I'll be using you in the near future to test out something to make sure it's Macompat (Mac Compatible) if that's cool with you?

[+] Oh yeah what was it like before? And oh look an ad ! lol

yeah, thats fine by me (y)

only one thing, this is a hackintosh. it is running 100% mac OSX 10.5, however the hardware is not mac licensed, its using OSX86/Darwin to trick the system into thinking it has the chip that identifies the hardware as apple licensed.

all the mac apps run fine on it though. Ive Even called it an iMoose :p (moose is my nick from mates)

but yeah, i'd be glad to help out

Edit: now hosted on Flickr

Firefox 1024x640

Safari 1024x640

edit 2: the advert is for Diablo 2! surprise surprise!

hmm, as OS's go, XP is as good as they come.

i also hate vista. XP however, i find is right on the money, i think its probably the best allround OS there, It does as its told. it just works. it looks pretty enough, but unlike vista it doesnt vomit special effects onto your screen. Its pretty straightforward, and is generally better at having numerous parts of OS open (unlike Leopard, which i hate having multiple windows of a program open in)

ease of use, hardware economy and general reliability i find this wins though!

im only using 1gb of ram and yet i can listen to music, watch a film, talk on MSN/Yahoo, download from limewire and have about 16 tabs open in FF without it getting sluggish!