We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU: PC Car Sound Upgrades! Pack 2 now ready!!

Mb

• Replies 468
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems it's popularity is growing very quickly from what I've seen around all manners of forums.

Acutally i use it cause Stage6 is gone so i have an host left for my DivX files ;)

Thx for your considering :cool:

Those sounds by X2-Thev are great!

Thank you :D

Edit:

So , Thx to Diablo the vimeos are now embed and here i post them !:

[vimeo]909790[/vimeo]

[vimeo]910007[/vimeo]

[vimeo]937742[/vimeo]

Acutally i use it cause Stage6 is gone so i have an host left for my DivX files ;)

Thx for your considering :cool:

Thank you :D

Edit:

So , Thx to Diablo the vimeos are now embed and here i post them !:

[vimeo]909790[/vimeo]

[vimeo]910007[/vimeo]

[vimeo]937742[/vimeo]

Nice videos, I don't know wether to download the Ferrari sound, since I like both. Can I have download link please?

Ah ok, you use it with the gear stick on the right? Isn't it awkward?

You can move it to either side for left or right hand drive cars. I use it both ways to match the car I'm driving. Works well for me anyway.

Very nice sounds X2 I will look at adding them to the v3.0 sound pack.

Thanx , Here are the download links :

Lamborghini Gallardo 1.1 ( Lil bug spotted on high rpm but in it's way to be removed on 1.2 )

Audi S6 1.0

Ferrari F360 Challenge Stradale

Well i think there are " How to " threads about Sound modding but quickly ;

To Mod game sounds you need :

Bnk Editor ( to unpack and repack .wav files )

A program ( like Audacity or more Powerfull ) to reedit files

Test Drive's Audio format is :

.wav ; Mono (4 or 16bit ) ADPCM .

Good Luck .

I am soon gonna start working on an Lp640 sound Mod for the Murcielago.

Sound from a game that at least sounds perfect > ProStreet.

Anyways , i used to work faster but it's just that since holidays ( french ones ) are over ..school eats most of my time you know...:rolleyes:

Still i really like the Murcielago and even if the actual game sound is pretty good , i really wanna improve it.

Thanx , Here are the download links :

Lamborghini Gallardo 1.1 ( Lil bug spotted on high rpm but in it's way to be removed on 1.2 )

Audi S6 1.0

Ferrari F360 Challenge Stradale

Well i think there are " How to " threads about Sound modding but quickly ;

To Mod game sounds you need :

Bnk Editor ( to unpack and repack .wav files )

A program ( like Audacity or more Powerfull ) to reedit files

Test Drive's Audio format is :

.wav ; Mono (4 or 16bit ) ADPCM .

Good Luck .

Thanks for yourhelp, but when I save it as a file, it's either to small or to large, how do I get it so I don't get this error?

I have heard/seen a Murcielago Roadster in real life and I think it actually sounds perfect in TDU.

If you have an Equalizer on your PC remember to turn up the bass. it does help.

I'm waiting for the day when someone does real TVR sounds. :D

Anyways , i used to work faster but it's just that since holidays ( french ones ) are over ..school eats most of my time you know...:rolleyes:

Still i really like the Murcielago and even if the actual game sound is pretty good , i really wanna improve it.

Can't wait, should be awesome. It's on also in WR2, the one from ProStreet, if it's any easier to convert for you ;)

I have heard/seen a Murcielago Roadster in real life and I think it actually sounds perfect in TDU.

If you have an Equalizer on your PC remember to turn up the bass. it does help.

I'm waiting for the day when someone does real TVR sounds. :D

#

I downloaded Audactiy, you say to save it as a wmv, 8 bit mono. I do that, i replace the original file with the one I made but it doesn't work, I made the LamboMurcCpe Idle sound. But in game I just had silence as if there was no sound.

wooohoo! thank you! i think after the sound will be released for the murcielago i wont drive any other car!! I just love that car, and its a pity its not a lp640 version in game... :cry:

Hmmm, maybe it's just my memory, but I actually remember the ProStreet LP640 sounding nothing like the real life one and the TDU one sounding much better. But it might just be my memory, haven't played it in about 2 months. Haven't even played any games lately much, except the odd half an hour on Skate every now and then.

It is your memory i'm quite sure of that. Prostreet's LP640 is the closest i've ever heard to a real one ( Watch the 205mph.com video and you'll see it sounds precisely same)

Anyway i'm posting to tell you guys that after quite a break ( Real life needs time too :P ) i've started working on the Skyline R34 Sound, so i might test it tonight ;).

More to come ;)

Would anyone want to help me create sounds? i can record sounds from Forza motorsport, PGR3 & PGR4 also i can record Pro street sounds. These are top quality. As i do not have TDU yet i have been recording sounds etc but it would be good to have fellow sound creators and members to make this work. :) All sound recordings are straight out of the xbox 360 no mic's or any special equipment has been used, just the AV audio cords connected directly into the computer.

Here is a recording ive done from PGR4 on the Enzo just for a show of how it turns out. Also sorry but i had to upload it in .WMV seeing i can't find a site that shares audio & youtube only accepts WMV. icon_confused.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU8x_7jTykU

Tell me what you think, if you wanna hear another i have a vauxhall monaro from forza motorsport 2.

Would anyone want to help me create sounds? i car record sounds from Forza motorsport, PGR3 & PGR4 also i can record Pro street sounds. These are top quality. As i do not have TDU yet i have been recording sounds etc but it would be good to have fellow sound creators and members to make this work. :)

Here is a recording ive done from PGR4 on the Enzo just for a show of how it turns out. Also sorry but i had to upload it in .WMV seeing i can't find a site that shares audio & youtube only accepts WMV. icon_confused.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU8x_7jTykU

Tell me what you think.

You know the new sounds can't be put in the 360 TDU??

I'm not talking about the xbox TDU, this is for PC of course.:) I can hook my xbox 360 sound cables to the computer and play any game while recording and well it can be used for sounds. If you have heard the sound sample what ive put that is directly from PGR4.

Hmm V8 hey? well i do have a vauxhall monaro from forza 2 but its not tuned its the stock sound.

--

No worries, ill do them cars to show you soon takes abit to setup the xbox 360 audio cables to computer, but ill have them in at least under 24 hours if anything. :)

---

Edit: Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vj8J7Qj5Dw

Your requests are in this video ive made of just sounds from Forza2, PGR4. Ive compiled cars sounds recorded from PGR4 & Forza2 along with my fav car from PGR4 toyota supra, which imo has the best loudest whistle sound and blow valve sound. Might even end up on a Nissan 350Z Nismo. ;)

Nice sounds.

The sounds for TDU are hard work to make what you need for a step in the right direction is a low, mid and high sound wav. Plus you have to have the off (when you let of the gas) wavs high, mid and low.

Then when the wavs are the correct length you have to iron out the glitches this is what is driving me mad at the mo for the sound pack.

A lot of tuning and testing and going in and out of TDU. My PC must hate me now "are you going to play the damm game or not?". :D