We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My first car!

ShadowGT

I have one pic but the interior is all faded out because it was to dark i can take more tomorrow!

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

*EDIT* got some better quality pics

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ack! Today was a crap day. Gale force winds, Rampant blackouts,Absolutely nothing to do during said blackouts. Anyway I was really bored today while the power was out so i knicked my mums camera & took some shots of my car in out backyard.

So what do you think of my photography skills?

Say what you want about my car but i love her :)

Also to get a scale of how windy it was today this happened to my neighbor.

get marc down there to take some shots :p

pretty cool car, would never dream of getting a saloon here as a first car though, the insurance is plain stupid, thats why im getting a bike!

my mate has a austin-rover metro that cost him £200, the insurance came up to £1500...

a METRO!

Congrats Man! A little late but hey...

Seems to be in good condition... CarFax it though, see if it has been in any accidents or floods ect. At least its not a gas guzzler... :D save some money, put a 12" lift, MickeyThompson Super Swampewrs 48"s, D60 Super Axels, 6.6l Duramax, Detroit Lockers front and rear, RocTrac Transfer Case 4:1, and maybe Cold air intake and you'd be set!!!!!

Can't say I've ever seen a righthand drive car, although television helps "The Crocidile Hunter" show shows some,

Bless Steve

• 1 month later...

Lucky you! Here in the UK, even if we could afford to buy something that kind of size, insurance is the killer. I checked and found out that to insure a 1.2 '02 Clio (the kind of car i'm aiming at for my first car) would cost about £1700 a year. But if I get it when I'm 18 then I can hopefully get the insurance down to about £700. Shows how much insurance companies hate new drivers here.

Good luck in your exam, and hope you choose the new rims well, because those stock ones are horrible!

Ok guys i need your help with a dilemma i'm having here. In the next week or two i plan on getting a new CD player for my car (all it has is radio/cassette at the moment) but i don't know what to get. I was originally gonna get a Car Audio package from strathfield for $448 (top one)

p14_050508.jpg

But my dad has a mate that can get me a JVC KD-AVX33 in dash DVD player for $400 (it retails for $1000)

http://reviews.cnet.com/JVC_KD_AVX33/4660-6729_7-6785290.html

732_0.jpg

Theres only a $48 price difference what should i get?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone thats curious here's a history of the ford falcon in Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Falcon_%28Australia%29

Haha Melbournian, most of them don't know what that car is lol. we should race some time :)

Don't get anything too expensive, make sure its a good quality set too. Even better if it has usb connection too

Hehe i've been short on cash lately so i had to just get a regular CD player but atleast it has stuff like ipod connection & bluetooth hands free built in.

Anyway i won't be doing much driving at the moment as my fuel pump died last night at my girlfriends house and it's gonna be almost a week before it can get fixed :(.