We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Best setup for my HDD

Camel

Which one?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

This is the HDD i will be getting. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131214

I will be installing Windows xp pro 64-bit and vista ultimate 64-bit. I have no problems about this.

Which should i do?

1. Make 3 partitions, partition 1 for windows xp, partition 2 for vista and partition 3 for all my files.
  2. Have 2 partitions, 1 partition for xp and the other partition for vista. Sharing all my files between the two partitions.

Please don't tell me to get a second HDD because I'm not getting a second one and I know how to make the partitions and install both window and vista on separate partitions.

I am open to all other suggestions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest RB26DETT
DX10 has been hacked to run on XP

really?????? show us proof! :D DX10 is the only reason why i'm willing to switch to vista. if that is true, i'm not changing anymore once i get a dx10 gpu.

There is a problem with this as vista runs in a totally different way to XP. The XP DX10 is kinda like a hack, it wont run as well on XP as vista, more could go wrong with the XP version and if it does go wrong you might have to reformat your HDD and reinstall windows so I think that i will go with both XP and vista.