We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

European 360 Price drop

YeOldeTDUMan

Beat me to it just saw this on Major Nelson.

Xbox 360 European price drop

It was just announced that starting this Friday, the price of the Xbox 360 in Europe will be dropping.

Let’s cut to the chase with the old and new prices*

Xbox 360 (Premium) - was: €349.99 / £249.99 now: €269.99 / £199.99

Xbox 360 Elite - was: €449.99 / £299.99 now: €369.99 / £259.99

Xbox 360 Arcade – was €269.99 / £199.99 now €199.99 / £159.99

Again, these new prices will be effective in Europe from this Friday, March 14th.

*Estimated Retail Prices

Edit: Added link to press release

Yay just in time for me to get one.

Question is I am thinking of connecting it to my monitor and use my PC surround sound as my TV is....well, passed it.

What version is best to get? The Arcade and add a 120GB hard drive to it or one of the others?

I would need to get the lead to hook it up to my monitor would I need anything else?

YAY :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nige will be getting an ELITE it will go nicely with my HD DVD add on lol :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...... and some of you are thinking about buying a PS3 :oook: !!!!

360 FANBOYS FTW :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and the price drops take effect from this Friday (14th)

S71NG3R - why do you want a large drive? The 'standard' 20G does 'most' people ... the only reason for the larger drive is if you're going to download Xbox Originals or Movie Rentals

Nige - sorry mate don't get why anyone would buy an HD-DVD player/add-on now ... it's Dead Technology ... Blueray has won ... admit it ... the industry has ... and that's one of the reasons why eventually I'll have a PS3 to sit next to my 360 ... but I think my 360 will still be my main games machine

S71NG3R - why do you want a large drive? The 'standard' 20G does 'most' people ... the only reason for the larger drive is if you're going to download Xbox Originals or Movie Rentals

Nige - sorry mate don't get why anyone would buy an HD-DVD player/add-on now ... it's Dead Technology ... Blueray has won ... admit it ... the industry has ... and that's one of the reasons why eventually I'll have a PS3 to sit next to my 360 ... but I think my 360 will still be my main games machine

NEVER,

I will buy the HD DVD add on because HD DVD's are now cheaper plus at £39.99 its hardly breaking the bank is it ??????

It's inevitable that Microsoft will have to adopt the blue ray technology and then when that happens I will accept it but for now I will only buy DVD & HD-DVD's :D.

Besides ASDA's cheap electrical brands are bound to make a blue ray player so if Blue ray does become the format I will buy a cheapass one, I really do not wanna be wasting my money on a technology I don't really care for.

Elite is the ultimate as it has HDMIconnectivity

Not strictly true as the newer Premiums also come with a HDMI port as standard. M$ kept it quiet so that most people don't know about it and buy an Elite.

My mate got his premium a few months ago and it came with HDMI.

Premim or Elite mate is best option, Elite is the ultimate as it has HDMI connectivity so if your monitor has DVI you could but an HDMI to DVI connector and savour the slight enhancement yet again. :D

Thanks. I was reading up on the latest 360's and they all have HDMI you just have to make sure it's written on the side of the box.

You can never have enough HD space that was my thinking.