We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BTCC & Motorsport: ITV4 *Brands Hatch 21st September 11:30PM*

Eudemon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

WOW !! That SEAT move has got to be a contender for move of the season. Fantastic driving by all 3 drivers there !

Ohh Turner's car has a problem, man that's unlucky.

Damn what a hit that was, I LOVE TOURING CAR RACING !!

:excited:

By some alignment of the planets I could get ITV4 today!

Porsche cup was very good to watch.

Who are the commentators? They're even worse than the ones that do the GPs - they didn't even notice Sheddon missing the chicane from the lead of the race until over a lap later.

There's going to be a few strong words in the VX-R camp this afternoon.
Got to admit Tom Onslow-Cole's save was impressive and the race itself was quality, Shedden going straight on was funny to watch and Turner did well to keep ahead in those conditions.

By some alignment of the planets I could get ITV4 today!

Porsche cup was very good to watch.

Who are the commentators? They're even worse than the ones that do the GPs - they didn't even notice Sheddon missing the chicane from the lead of the race until over a lap later.

If they were the same people as the program presentors then they need sorting out, They were aweful!

Tim Harvey is an ex-BTCC driver and the usual commentator, I really enjoyed as he always adds humour to the viewing like when he was commentating on the guy with 3 wheels and said "and some minor mechanical damage". lol

To be fair to them the cameras didn't show Shedden going straight on and the commentary box is blind to that area of the track plus one of them did notice Shedden was missing on the start finish straight a couple of seconds afterwards and then about a lap later they showed the camera that caught Snedden going straight on.

Good race day though and shows why Touring Cars and all other standard form of car racing is miles better than F1 anyday !!

[e:] Oh yeah special mention to the grid cameraman who was following that woman who was doing the interviewing, he got some very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice shots of the grid girls! :D

Tim Harvey is an ex-BTCC driver and the usual commentator, I really enjoyed as he always adds humour to the viewing like when he was commentating on the guy with 3 wheels and said "and some minor mechanical damage". lol

To be fair to them the cameras didn't show Shedden going straight on and the commentary box is blind to that area of the track plus one of them did notice Shedden was missing on the start finish straight a couple of seconds afterwards and then about a lap later they showed the camera that caught Snedden going straight on.

Good race day though and shows why Touring Cars and all other standard form of car racing is miles better than F1 anyday !!

[e:] Oh yeah special mention to the grid cameraman who was following that woman who was doing the interviewing, he got some very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice shots of the grid girls! :D

Ah, Tim Harvey was the frustrated Driver In the Strange Painted Porsche in the carerra cup, So thats why the Commentators were going on about him alot more than the others

The cameras showed it just fine - I was watching live and they see the same thing we do - you could see him completely miss the apex of the chicane and there was no way he was going to make the corner. It wasn't a couple of seconds later than they noticed, it was a whole lap later. Then another lap later they showed it on the replay. I was trying to tell them but they just couldn't hear me :p

Tim Harvey is a good commentator usually, it was just lack of observation from anyone. Shame about his performance in the Porsche cup though :p

• 2 weeks later...

Remember guys Rounds 10, 11 and 12 today, the first race has been and it was Tom Onslow-cole followed by Colin Turkington then Jason PLato and now we're onto the Clio Cup race that has just started. 2 more races in the BTCC along with the Ginetta's, Carrera Cup and the Formula Renault which I don't really care about. :)

12:30PM-17:30PM