We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Oh goody it begins ...TDU2 announced prematurely?

Eudemon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it has to be coming reasonably soon if they're talking to the community about it. If it's in development, it's going to be soon. Obviously your definition of soon is different to Iced's.

I don't really care what Iced's definition is, or mine, it's the fact that no-one official, or even from the french TDU community is saying anything about 'soon' - that has come from Iced and Iced alone :p

But no, they're not officially talking to the community about it yet. Maybe they will *soon* :D

That Video Confirmed it though didnt it?, But it hasnt been announced yet
We've been through all this before (when the video came out) - it confirms that a developer has said they are spending some time working on what they percieve to be TDU2. That is very far from being the same as saying the game is confirmed to ever be released. It's quite normal for development work to be carried out on projects before they are given the final go-ahead.

He stated in the video that it was under development, and according to the webmaster of tdu.fr, it's been in development for a while, and they are now talking to the community about it.

It's hard to get across what I'm saying, sorry. A developer can develop several projects, and get them to the stage where they want to talk to people about features, directions to go in etc. etc. (This is usually quite early on in the process, but after they have gathered a team of people and assigned roles in the company, run a first version of the possible engine etc.). That's something quite different from a project getting an official go-ahead and being confirmed, at which point there is 'proper' talking to the community in an official/authorative way.

Calm down Dear its only a commercial :D

I think we all know it would be Stupid to not make TDU2 or not, But we are talking about whether it has been confirmed

Also, My interpretation of that Video may not be Entirely Correct, Since the speed the french speak is rapid

You should be used to it as you live there :p I know what the convo is about. I never said it had been confirmed. OK, what I said could have been interpreted as 'a confirmation' but I thought the fact I mentioned it was a fan site meant it was "50%" official as they aparently talk to the creators

Ah forget it, this argument will go on forever, as certain members like to argue, this is a highly talked about subject and is highly awated, I'm hungry and BBC iPlayer is calling out to me :p

Come on, you've said it yourself, you love this game as it's relaxing. Do you honestly think Atari or Eden would miss out on a opo to make a huge amount of money on TDU2?
TDU has been very well recieved critically and actually garnered a lot of respect from other games developers. I have no idea about its commerical success, but assuming it's done ok then I think most people would consider a continuation of the franchise to be logical.

just a tiny, little thing here...

“feelings of control”.

Precisely, that is what you appreciated or hated on Test Drive Unlimited 1 and which you would like to see deferring or not on Test Drive Unlimited 2. I’m insisting once again, only the feeling of control (for the other, we’ll see later, I think)

if they are, as he states, asking about the feel of the control (i.e. Physics), surely this means they are only just starting on a physics engine?

Hence, long way off...

Easy way to stop this.

TDU2 must be in development, you'd have to be an idiot to think otherwise, secondly Infogrames wouldn't pay $5m for the use of the TEST DRIVE name for 5 years and state that in this time they will produce at least 2 titles so contemplate that all you will.

Plus as I've said for god knows how long, no info will be released until after AiTD is released and tbh it could even be at e3 as I think they would be nuts not to use e3 again to announce the next TDU, if it keeps that name of course. Personally I think they should aim for a Christmas release going head to head with the annual NFS rubbish that will inevitably come out. I just really do hope they have learned from the faults of TDU especially in communication. :oook: :p

But you reworded his post with exactly the same opinion, therefore what you had said had already been said. If ya get me.

I can assure you what I said was 100% my own opinion, not re-wording his post, so maybe all it means is we share the same opinion.. is that a crime? :p

ya, so kalniel fails ;)

EDIT: ^ no, but Iced had already said it, so there was no need for you to say it again :p

So if I'm asked a question and my answer is remotely similar to someone else's I'm not allowed to give an answer? That would make for a rubbish forum.

Or maybe I choose my words very carefully ;)

But we've been arguing the past god knows how many posts haha!

It is just really weird that we'd been arguing, then suddenly you wrote out my exact post again. You even quoted it, it so it couldn't have been a mistake.

I quoted it because I was answering the question contained in it.

No, you weren't asked it lol. We were (for a better word) having a discussion. I said something, then you repeated it, so there was no real point in echoing my post. That's called spam ;)

Oh sorry, I thought when you said 'Do you honestly think Atari or Eden would miss out on a opo to make a huge amount of money on TDU2?' you were asking me a question.

I just answered the question, I didn't repeat your post - where is the equivalent question in my reply for instance?