We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New mobo, stupid asus, future plans aswell.

MCiN7

Hey all, got a Asus P5NSLI pretty cheap.

But the EZ Selector is apparently 'default' to single display

and here I was doing some research

found out that they can't write user manuals right haha..

Can't wait to get home and fix it up, im at tafe atm.

Going to overclock my cpu to around 4.2ghz (sig for current status)

then in 2 weeks time ill get my second 8600GTS for $130.

Ive got a TT Blue Orb II currently, I plan on getting a Asus Silent-Knight.

I plan on getting another GB of ram ($25) to bring me a total of 3GB

and a soundcard ($23) to get that tad more fps and better sound quality.

then i should have a pretty beasty comp, my comp atm is still fine, cpu is still going to last a while, not my bottleneck (gpu) :)

To all doing the just-cruisin cruise tonight, if all goes to plan ill be joining you's! I'm going to try and get off tafe early so I can fix up my PC quick (got to switch the EZ Selector and repair XP, do some overclocking and stablity tests.)

Cheers, I'm just happy I got my SLI mobo, and, no more 4ghz CPU Freq cap! oh ive also got to update bios ><

If you still have the stock fan and heatsink on your CPU, I would strongly advise on not overclocking it to 4Ghz or anywhere near that as it would just overheat like mad and they can start to become unstable at around 3.5Ghz. If you still go ahead and overclock it that much, you will have to buy a new CPU because this one will break.

nah don't have stock cooling, and airflow in my case is good.

Anyway, I'm having trouble.

1. There is no onboard gpu.

2. Bios default is set to PCI, not PCI-E.

Seriously where do you get PCI graphics cards these days not even my tafe has any.

and to scar, shadow, RB26DETT, I was on last night because somehow I got my motherboard to fault and switch to PCI-E, I relised just earlier today that there was a bridge, lucky I didn't blow anything up, so I pulled off the mobo and done some work to my case. Now it's just a pain, I can't even find any 'PCI' graphics cards on ebay for cheap.

man this is my 6th and final asus mobo, every single one i've owned are dodgy..

this one the PCI-E slots are stuffed....

guess ill be putting my old one back on, got to save up $140 now for a gigabyte one

gigabyte FTW! (in my books)

im really piped off, got my second gpu today aswell.. cant even use it damn it! lol.

Ive been with Biostar for years, not a single problem, they are cheap, reliable and have a lot of good features on them for the price. I did have an asus one a few years ago but it decided to die in under a year so we got a replacement from the shop we got it from, that was also dead when it finally came so I don't bother with asus.