We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

40 Below & Unsteerable

TheSR0

Hey guys.

Running TDU with a OCed 9600GT & E6400 (3.44) on a 19" Asus Wide LCD.

Game gets pretty choppy at 1280×720. HDR Enabled. 0AA 0AS. Max Settings.

Runs between 30-75fps. All my other games are playable at 30-40fps except this one. Get into the scenic foresty routes, the fps drops below 45 an steering becomes a nightmare. Theres input lag, an tree choppyness which makes high speed cornering / drifting so much harder.

Does anyone else experiene this :oook: Its so annoying!

BTW I can turn off HDR & Play without the choppyness @ 1440 x 900 *Just* But I love my HDR :P...Any Info?

TIA :)

'Game gets pretty choppy at 1280×720. HDR Enabled. 0AA 0AS. Max Settings.

Your GPU should play this game EASY at that resolution with no aa and af.'

1. delete radial.cdb

thats all I can suggest, I don't get why your getting choppiness, my gpu is older then yours and I play at 1440x900 16x af 4x aa, high game settings, HDR, tri filtering on textures and my fps is the same as yours, thats really weird

Yeah, your system should be able to run everything on max at even higher resolutions.

Has it always been like this? Or is this a recent development?

It might be that you have Vista 64. I"ve heard that Vista doesn't play well with some games. Check to make sure all of your drivers are vista compatible.

Cause, my system is crappy but I can play 1440x900 visual details on high with 16x af and aa turned off at a steady 25fps no problem. You should be waaaaay beyond that on your specs.

Hmmm, Suppose its probably Vista..

I'll load up XP tonight, see if there's a difference:)

Thanks for the replies tho I hope this is gonna work.

Also, no the game's always as choppy as this, Im running a pretty much stock (Tweaked) Vista installation, an I delete radial every time I exit the game.

Just found this, http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-9600-gt,1780-8.html

Trying to find out what O.S was being used for them FPS, I bet it wasn't vista :P

Gonna go back to a Single XP Installation. Vista's been out what, a year an a half now? Yet in the majority of games its still miles behind XP :mad:

Wow, You're on XP aswell. This has to just be a Vista thing, cos all my other games run great at 30fps, Except TDU.. I remember running at 1440 x 900 4AA with my 640 88GTS a while back.

Its like the only time I don't get stutter is when im at 75FPS rock solid! (Max refesh rate) I can go down to even mid 50's an this stutterness comes around :eek_blue:....Mainly to do with tree's. Its not teh typical old TDU .5s lag every so often....this is constant .1s lag every .1/2s, an it only happens when cornering....or theres a lot of tree's in scene.

Because of this stutter Its extremely hard to steer, when I dip to 40 below the stuttering starts to affect the steering. theres a small lag, not huge but its enough to totally mess up a corner or steering correction when theres a car approaching.

BTW I've checked my CPU theres no problems there either. XP is deffo being loaded on tonight!

Finally, we again used Windows XP for this test, on the grounds that the great majority of you are still sticking with that OS. Furthermore, we're still encountering performance problems with Windows Vista.