We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bought a new car

Baxie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Drift. It's a standard 1.6 litre engine. Still haven't found out what I am going to do to the car.

I am thinking of respraying it, maybe a couple of tones darker to contrast the rims even more. It has never been polished properly. So I'll do that first, and see if I can restore it to former glory. If not, I will have it resprayed. The interior is in good shape, but it's that horrible shade of blue, that Toyota thought was the dogs.... waterdish back in the day. (At least the car isn't painted red) So I might replace the interior with something of a lighter colour.

The law here in Denmark states that you cannot increase enginesize by more than 20% without having to register and inspect the car again. So my problem is, that I cannot replace the 1.6 litre engine with a 2.0 without having to go through all those bits of governmental approvements again. So I will try to find short cuts. Might replace the valves, and the top-piece and some other stuff. Found somewhere, that I can increase performance by around 40 bhp on it, without increasing engine-size at all.

Should be fairly fun to work with. Then again... might just spend the money on something else and just ride it around.

We'll see :)

Yeah Drift. It's a standard 1.6 litre engine. Still haven't found out what I am going to do to the car.

I am thinking of respraying it, maybe a couple of tones darker to contrast the rims even more. It has never been polished properly. So I'll do that first, and see if I can restore it to former glory. If not, I will have it resprayed. The interior is in good shape, but it's that horrible shade of blue, that Toyota thought was the dogs.... waterdish back in the day. (At least the car isn't painted red) So I might replace the interior with something of a lighter colour.

The law here in Denmark states that you cannot increase enginesize by more than 20% without having to register and inspect the car again. So my problem is, that I cannot replace the 1.6 litre engine with a 2.0 without having to go through all those bits of governmental approvements again. So I will try to find short cuts. Might replace the valves, and the top-piece and some other stuff. Found somewhere, that I can increase performance by around 40 bhp on it, without increasing engine-size at all.

Should be fairly fun to work with. Then again... might just spend the money on something else and just ride it around.

We'll see :)

Well, if you would like it for track day use but also road use and would like to end up spending quite a bit on it, I would recommend buying a 3SGTE and having that put in, R32 GTR Skyline front seats are comfortable as you like, hold you tight round the corners and are quite cheap, KEY!S Racing do some excellant sports steering wheels and you can never go wrong with an Omex 400 ECU and a HKS Catback Stainless-Steel exhaust system.

However, you would have to go through everything else to get approval for the new, bigger engine to go in. But yeah, it's easy to give it a bit more power just basically by replacing a lot of the engine internals with newer versions of the exact same parts. But I would have to say the most important modification it should have is an Induction Kit. It gives it around a 10-50bhp increase (depending on the make, the type and if it has a heat shield, full pipe, etc.) and with one the car ends up a lot better on fuel.

Probably the best thing to do is give TRD (Toyota Racing Development) a call and talk to someone there about it, they would know a lot more what to do with it than us. You can do a lot of good things whatever your price range is and whatever you want to do with it.