We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Restoration

Guest RB26DETT

Guest RB26DETT

Well, me and my dad had a little father-son bonding yesterday. My dad is a huge car nut as well, he's into old school muscle. He was talking about the past when he had his old 67 Chevy Impala SS which he used to race with. Now, we're planning on restoring an old car just for the heck of it. He says it'll be my car once we sell my Toyota Corolla.

The car... 1970 Dodge Challenger. It's his uncle's car and we want to get it from him. We don't know the condition of the car. So I was wondering, what parts should we install. What's a good motor for Dodge and suspension set up's. I don't want a too stiff of a ride but will handle good. TBH, I don't know anything about Dodge. I'm more of a Chevy and Ford guy when it comes to Old School muscle.

Guest RB26DETT
1967 CHEVY IMPALA!!!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!!! THAT IS MY FAVORITE CAR!!!!

1970 Dodge Challengers are very rare to find outside of the U.S., and are just rare in general. Do you know what engine, color, options it has? I have few books on Challengers so if you need help finding info about the car send me a PM.

hehe. his impala is junk now. i don't know what he did with it.

:p

what i want to do to the challenger is to make it look stock but i will definitely change the suspension so it'll handle better. what are aftermarket brands that would work well with old school muscle. my knowledge of tuning cars are mostly on Jap Imports.

also, what are good engines for old dodge cars? something along the lines of 300-350 horsepower. only engine that comes to mind is HEMI but i don't what that's pushing.

any help will do guys. i hope we'll check out the car sometime soon. dad's really busy right now. and i'm just home everyday on summer vacation. been pushing my corolla to it's limits though whenever i'm bored. :p

Isn't that the car from the Fast and Furious 2?

Yeah it is. And KTF67 is right, Challengers are very rare to find out of the US, you're lucky to be getting one. Unfortunately, i don't know too much about Challengers though, i've only ever been around Chargers :D. But the best of luck to you on your restoration. RamboMC is right, it does take a lot of money and a LOT of commitment, but it is so worth it in the end.