We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

S71NG3R's Race Driver: GRID video series

S71NG3R

This is the first in the series of videos I will do for Race Driver: GRID on the PC.

Grid is a lot of fun the most fun I've had in a racing game in a long time. Forget about the handling physics they are simple but fun and the more I play it the more I like it. It's not going to win awards for realism but for action it's the top of the class for racing games. I'm talking about the PC anyway as I've not played the console racers Fonza, GT5 and PGR4. I will do some videos as I progress through the game so look out for more videos in the future.

This is all settings set to high and I have FRAPS running I'm please to see the two work well together.

This car is in my teams colours so you will see this scheme on all the cars I race in future videos.

(set your player to HD in your YouTube settings)

(set your player to HD in your YouTube settings) (ready in a few mins from now)

I have updated my first post with my second video Race Driver: GRID - Stock Car.

This one shows a different kind of racing where full contact is the key to win. The stock cars are extra strong but you still take a pounding.

@ Car Freak the weight of the cars are better than Dirt but still a bit floaty. The US cars are more stronger than European and Japan's so when I get to those races you will see a lot of body parts flying.

@ Speed thanks it was bad luck the car span out and just clipped my back and forced me into the barrier then it was chaos as I was blocking the road.

@ RB26DETT when I get to Japan I'll buy a Skyline just for you so look out for that video.

Second vid looks really good :D It's made me really want this game, just a quick quesiton though, have you been online at all and if so, is it easy to navigate and set up races etc? Thanks :)

I have not done online in the full version yet but the demo had limited online options but the full version is better I believe plus they are adding features in a patch.

Great vids man, make you post up ones of the drifting, open wheel and ones with the Skyline.

Yes as I get to the different races there will be more videos, lots more action to come.

Guest RB26DETT

@ RB26DETT when I get to Japan I'll buy a Skyline just for you so look out for that video.

Bless you kind sir. :)

I'm back, sorry for the delay I had the path outside my house dug up and they cut my cable so I lost TV and internet. :rolleyes:

I had time to do some videos and I'm uploading them now so I'll update the first post when they are ready.

Edit: more uploaded now see first post.

Oh my god! I am actually craving this game just for the graphics and it looksso much fun, I just hope the gameplay doesnt get boring like NFS:BS! I can't wait for my new system to crank it up to full :D

Also, what ever the prcie, Im buying this on monday when speed sensei and me hit the city :p Cant wait for delivery from play haha!!!

Oh my god! I am actually craving this game just for the graphics and it looksso much fun, I just hope the gameplay doesnt get boring like NFS:BS! I can't wait for my new system to crank it up to full :D

Also, what ever the prcie, Im buying this on monday when speed sensei and me hit the city :p Cant wait for delivery from play haha!!!

The gameplay is fun as every race something different happens. Also you don't have to retry over and over to win a race. Just go with whatever position you finished and try again next season.

Then you have the flashback feature if you get hit into the wall by the AI you rewind time and try again. You can make it harder by using Pro mode then you have zero flashbacks but you earn more money each race this way.

Then there is the online mode that I find most fun and the patch is out next week to make it even better. Look at this list:-

GRID Patch change list.

Network bug fixes

• When viewing in spectator mode – wheels should now turn correctly.

• Session searching now functions correctly when there are lots of full sessions (PC and PS3).

• Track and route options no longer change when host gets back to lobby in private/LAN.

• Race results are now correct if a host migration occurs at the end of the race.

• Other player’s progress/positions are now correctly updated when you enter the race results screen.

• Several NaN (brown screen) related fixes. (also this should fix the "thousand-mile-warp")

• Increased bandwith use in network games (to reduce lag)

• Fixed a problem whereby it was only possible to upload one world record ghost to each track (PC and PS3)

• Race to race lobby timer is now 15 seconds

• A timer has been added showing how long the session has been up and running is shown on the tickertape after joining a session.

• Changes to what is displayed in lobby when a player has kick votes.

o The player who has been voted for can see this fact and the number of votes they have received.

o Players who have voted to kick someone can see who they voted for but cannot see the number of votes.

o Players who have not voted do not see anything.

• Added ability to get the next page of sessions in private session results (PC and PS3)

• Banned sessions no longer appear in private session list.

• Reverse gear is now disabled for the first two seconds of a network race to stop players reversing off the start line.

• Added ability to change collision types in online and LAN sessions (not enabled in Demolition Derby).

o Forward Only (this is the normal behaviour for Ranked/Unranked)

o On (Collisions are always on)

o Off (Always off).

• Numerous anti griefing checks to turn off collisions when players are griefing.

• Fix for distance shown in distance online stat.

• A warning message is now shown the first time you enter system link.

• In non-drift races, the race results screen shows the fastest lap that each player achieved in that race.

• When a player retires or terminally damages in race, a message telling all players of this fact is sent to the chat system so displayed in the overlay in game.

• Cars become semi-transparent when collisions are turned off due to griefing.

• Improvements to prediction system to reduce effects of lag when players are close by

Game - general

• Xbox 360 achievement fix. (Drive 'em all)

• Several optimisations and performance improvements.

• It is now possible to look left and right while in bonnet camera.

• Fix for a hang when selecting a gear outside the gears available on the vehicle (this was possible with H-Shifter)

• Fix for cars very occasionally flying into the air when hitting kerbs.

• Fixes for custom action maps

• Track rendering optimisations.

• Brown screen problem no longer awards achievements or causes glowing white cars.

• Fix for airborne achievement – now awarded even if car flips upside down during jump

• Fixed frame rate stalls and stuttering on Xbox 360.

PC Specific Changes

• Added support for Xinput wheel and Logitech Rumblepad 2, including default action map configurations.

• Adding ability to use H-pattern shifter in custom configuration by allowing configuration of gears 1 to 6 and reverse. Same for boost.

• Fix for missing Force feedback on Vista.

• Given user the ability to configure use of a pad or wheel through the hardware config xml file, this means that if the game fails to auto-detect the device type, they can specify it themselves.

• Changing microcode optimisation level for NVIDIA 7xxx series graphics cards to reduce a pause when using each shader for the first time.

• Adding support for triple head displays.

• Graphical corruption fix when using multiple GPU’s.

• Network chat text made less obtrusive.

• Numerous on-going compatibility fixes.

• Improvements to shadows for certain resolutions/aspect ratios.

Guest RB26DETT

Then you have the flashback feature if you get hit into the wall by the AI you rewind time and try again. You can make it harder by using Pro mode then you have zero flashbacks but you earn more money each race this way.

lol. that sounds lame. prince of persia meets racing games ey. ;)

This is the decider as to whether I get this game or not, can you drift online with other people? :D

Yeah If I can't drift online with other people then I don't think I will enjoy this game as much. For my normal racing need I will go to PGR4. Cause I can't stand when noobs will just not brake into the first corner and wreck you out of the race.

This is the decider as to whether I get this game or not, can you drift online with other people? :D

That's a good question.

There are Japan events online I've seen them when you vote for what racing you want to do. There are races in Japan and Touge so There must be drifting too but how it works I don't know. Next time I'll have a look at how the Drifting online is done.

lol. that sounds lame. prince of persia meets racing games ey. ;)

Luckily you have the option to turn that off using pro mode then you get more money for winning races.

I did some online drift races and you drift with others at the same time. The person with the highest drift score wins.

Yeah If I can't drift online with other people then I don't think I will enjoy this game as much. For my normal racing need I will go to PGR4. Cause I can't stand when noobs will just not brake into the first corner and wreck you out of the race.

There will be some extra server options to stop first corner pile-ups in the patch. You can also setup private sessions for just your friends to race.