We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TrackIR 4 Pro problem in

CrashEd

First post here, so Hi to all... :)

I've got a problem with my TrackIR and wondered if someone could help - basically all of the TrackIR axis are reversed i.e. if I look left it looks right, if I look up... etc etc.

I tried reversing the axis in a new profile within the TrackIR software, but it made no difference. I also tried reversing the mouse look option in the options menu in TDU, but this didn't help.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Really want to get it working!!

Thanks in advance,

Ed

PS: Using the latest TIR version and also the latest version of TDU.

Ah this is an easy solution, just play while looking in a mirror, problem solved. :D Just kidding, sorry to be of no hope ...I mean help but I couldn't resist a quick joke but anyway welcome to TDUc and I'm sure someone may be able to help you out plus I will have a quick look around and see if I can find anything.

:welcome:

Ah this is an easy solution, just play while looking in a mirror, problem solved. :D Just kidding, sorry to be of no hope ...I mean help but I couldn't resist a quick joke but anyway welcome to TDUc and I'm sure someone may be able to help you out plus I will have a quick look around and see if I can find anything.

:D Thanks for the welcome Diablo :D

I'll have another go at sorting it. Hopefully someone will come up with something. Short of that i'll install an old TIR version that I know works...

One thing that is (un)popular for problems with TDU is other devices that are installed. It could be a conflict between devices that only TDU seems to create.

I think I've got it working now. I reinstalled the TIR software and it now seems to be working, however I've lost my force feedback (G25) and I'm still gettin random crashes to desktop! :cry:

Can you post your system specs so that someone here might be able to try and help you?

Sure, here we go:

Intel Q6600 Quad 2.4GHz o/c'ed to 3.00GHz

2x BFG Nvidia 8800GTs running in SLi (not o/c'ed)

4GB RAM

2x WD Raptor HDD

Vista64

Logitech G25 and TrackIR4 Pro

Let me know if you need any other info.

I tried running TDU in WinXP comptiability mode, but it didn't really make any difference. The next thing I might try is disabling SLi, but I'm sure I read somewhere that other people are using this succesfully...

I think I can sort the problems with the controllers, it's just these crashes to desktop that are really bugging me now.

Guest RB26DETT

do you have any other peripheral drivers installed? i got this problem when i had two different gamepad drivers installed at the same time.

do you have any other peripheral drivers installed? i got this problem when i had two different gamepad drivers installed at the same time.

I did have some rudder pedals attached, but I've removed them. Seemed to have helped a bit.

Just playing around with gfx clock speeds to try and minimise the crashes to desktop :mad:

BTW doesn't TDU not run too well in SLi or something? Where's kal when you need him?! lol

Wait I see 4Gb ram, doesn't there have to be some option enabled for this to run smoothly?

Here's the baby right here!

Several people have reported problems launching TDU on systems with Vista and 4GB of ram or with graphics cards with large amounts of memory.

What seems to be the cause is an oddity in the way Vista virtualises video memory for directX9 games, meaning that almost twice the virtual address space is taken up by video memory than is needed. If this takes the address space over 2gb the game will crash or simply fail to launch - no matter what OS you are on, the game itself is a 32bit application.

Microsoft have created a hotfix to patch this problem, though it will also be part of SP1:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105

I do not recommend getting the hotfix from third party sources as the risk of it being hijacked is quite high. If you need to contact MS support the address is below:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

For reference, two other Vista hotfixes highly recommended are:

1) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938979

2) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938194

(Though I just read they may have come out through auto-update now.)

i likes to nom them

Sounds painful! ;)...

Anywho, many thanks for the hotfixes Diablo, downloading them now.

With a bit of gfx card clock tweaking I'm able to get a good few hours of play without a crash, but they are still there. Hopefully the hotfixes will help. I noticed earlier there is a point where I always get a crash, shortly after starting the Hitchiker challenge in the south east corner of the island, nr the Lambo garage, just as I approach the coastal road... Very weird...

With a bit of gfx card clock tweaking I'm able to get a good few hours of play without a crash, but they are still there. Hopefully the hotfixes will help. I noticed earlier there is a point where I always get a crash, shortly after starting the Hitchiker challenge in the south east corner of the island, nr the Lambo garage, just as I approach the coastal road... Very weird...

I think I've sorted the problem of TDU crashing in certain places. I disabled SLi (profile not set up properly yet anyway) and also changed the Affinity setting for the TDU exe in Task Manager so that it only runs off one core of my Q6600. So far (fingers, toes and eyes crossed) I haven't had any crashes. Happy bunny :woot:

Moral of the story: Should have read the readme sooner :pirateslap: