We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What is your job?

Baldy

I was a waiter, but then they sacked me because I had college the next day and could not stay so the supervisors had to actually do work... I have no job at the moment, but there really aren't any, I handed out two dozen CVs to various places, but I have had nothing yet. Expecting a call of slave duty from the local Co-Op, which my mum works at and knows the folks.

It will get better, I really want to do something special in politics because I really, really hate British politics as it is. Hate something... Change something!! ;)

Also if you are under 18 your not allowed to work past 10pm by law or start before 7pm iirc, might have changed in the last 4years but that used to be the case.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yeah, I'm 17, but I was working 12pm - 12am or 1pm - 1am sometimes, but mostly 6pm - 2am. It was fine with me, free taxi home after midnight, adult's job but adult's pay, minimum wage of £5.52/hour. They needed the staff, I needed the wedge, it was all cool, but they just got arsey when I couldn't work until 12 on a Sunday evening and so stopped calling me for shifts. I cannot take legal action because they never formally dismissed me, although it was implied... :oook:

im 19 and i work as a supervisor for night crew in pc world
Lucky you, the shop floor in that place is awful, I swear I almost punched my managers and was surprised I never got sacked after some of the stuff I and others did. (nothing illegal just screwing the company and not the customers)