We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I swear someone's out to get me.

Eudemon

Turned off the PC early hours this morning, all was fine, switched it on around 11 today and nothing on screen, fans running, PSU fine, graphics card spinning away ok and HDD lighting up. So I'm thinking ok this has happened a few times before so mess with the graphics card and put it back in, again nothing. Oh no not my monitor so plug cable into old PC and it works so hmm not the monitor thankfully!!

Hmm could be the graphics card so again tinker around, oh wait card is cold, damn it card's gone! No work for me but no wait this PC came with a dedicated card is it possible I have an onboard? Hmm look around, yippee there is ! I can continue working away but uhh it's pretty slow, hey it's better than nothing and I can keep working away and I have a deadline I have to meet and then I will worry about getting the system sorted.

I don't game on it, I use it for web and graphics work so as long as it keeps ticking I'm happy. Surprisingly the card did me well, this PC isn't a powerhouse by no means and the card was only a 128Mb ATI Radeon Pro but hey it did the job for me and thankfully so is the onboard.

Need to find me another card and some RAM by the look of it, don't need to upgrade as I love this PC, it's done a lot for me and I would hate to lose it but hey some new innards wouldn't hurt so more RAM and a new Card I can see in it's future.

Hopefully !

Thread title btw relates to the fact I am crap at self discipline so I think someone is forcing me to get my act together which is actually much appreciated, better not push it though!

Yeah 8X and that looks no bad for it's price. Cheers for the headsup.

Can Diablo play TDU now then, well you'd be on minimum, if you call that playing, rather fighting with the lag
Not on this machine, Work and Play stay away from another. Been burnt badly in the past doing that, lesson learned.