We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Paris Motorshow - New Lamborghini - Porsche Panamera and more!...

CarMadMike

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mb - that looks like a quote straight off Autoblog

As to the Lambo ... well IF it is an SV Murci I don't think it'll be RWD as I think I remember somewhere it being mentioned that the whole 4WD thing was now part of the Lambo DNA ... I think this was mentioned officially by Lambo in the run up to the launch of the Superleggera Gallardo, which at the time was rumoured to be RWD to save some more weight.

As I mentioned in my previous post ... "It's a new world" sounds like a bold statement ... could mean a number of things ... more extravagent (poor spelling I know) ... more speed ! ... a different Lambo (LM002 / Espada) ... or more Enviromentally friendly and it's a biofuel car or perhaps a hybrid !

Who knows ... thankfully it's only just over a week to Paris show ... oh and I'm on holiday from tomorrow so no comments from me for a week and a couple of days

Double post for the hell of it ...

Lambo are teasing us even more with a new image ...

I DON'T think it's an LP640 SV ...

why ?

there's no shutline for the front door in this shot ...

if you look at the Murci the shutline is very close to the rear of the front arch and actually follows the curve of the arch ...

also I would place a bet on the engine being in the front based on this shot ... long distance between front wheel and a-post (windscreen post) means a front engine ...

... I'm praying it's got hints of Espada ! The Espada had a slit vent just rear of the front wheel (see my Auto Italia thread)

I think the 'edgy' design is the new thing for the whole of the Lambo range ... as in Reventon and LP560-4

P-Zero means nothing ... just a tyre ... my Alfa runs on P-Zeros !!!!! (and yes I am dreading the cost of replacing them)

As I said the gap between the wheel and the door opening which isn't in the picture suggests it isn't a Murci derivative ... the green Murci shows how close the windscreen post and the front door are to the wheel and I've attached a picture of the Aston Martin Rapide concept to show a 'typical' front engined relationship between front wheel / windscreen post / door shut line

gotta be 'front' engined from the teaser ... sorry but I don't think it's your SV/GT you've dreamed off ... I think that might surface next year at a motorshow as a swan song before the Murci gets replaced

P-Zero does mean something in Lambos case, look at the pics of their standard cars, you'll notice a distinct lack of coloured logos on the wheels.

[+] Looking on the Trademark website I found out that Lambo has registered the name Urus back in July this year and also late last year Murcielago Superleggera was also registered. The Urus sounds promising though whatever that is.

SV has been updated in it's registration as of 12th August 2008 also!

Ok nearly wetting myself about this Lambo now :) Should be stunningly good.

EDIT: Surly the fact that air intake is there shows its fount engined? Not there for brakes so unless its cooling for electric windows motor (:)) It must be engine right?

EDIT 2: Has no-one mentioned Maserati joining the game :)

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/3265/

No, Mb is an idiot. Thats a rubbish render of someone filling in the gaps from the one he posted above, then shove the Murcielago top half to it. Notice how the boot lines fade away. Its a bad photoshop.

I think thats the point, people trying to think what it will look like, that almost look in the right proportions, if it much higher it would look strange, but the engines shouldn't be in the back, so people could be there, who knows.

No, Mb is an idiot. Thats a rubbish render of someone filling in the gaps from the one he posted above, then shove the Murcielago top half to it. Notice how the boot lines fade away. Its a bad photoshop.

Thanks for calling me an idiot. :)

I know it's a photoshopped pic, just what it might look like.:rolleyes: