We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

any really graphical games?

StrickenHAWK?

Yeah, most of the games that I would mention myself are already mentioned ;) But I could add Crysis: Warhead, Unreal Tournament 3 and Assassin's Creed, dunno how "rig-power-thirsty" (yeah, I just came up with that word :p ) it is, but graphics are not terrible :D

But remember, you can fill in info on your rig under USER CP :) If you didn't already know of course ;)

Good luck, and happy game hunting! :D

hmm, i already tried to put up my rig, but it doesn't seem to be showing. dunno why.

anyway here it is: processor:intel core 2 duo 3ghz 6MB L2 Cache

motherboard:Asus P5E

ram: 2gb kingston

video card:1gb EN9600GT ASUS nvidia geforce

sound card: SUPREMEFX II

speakers: logitech x-530 4:1 (one of them doesn't work =])

monitor: CHIMEI 19 inch 2ms

i think thats about all :)

• 2 months later...

Well lets see:

Crysis+Crysis Warhead - these are the most demanding games out at the moment. You don't mention if you have Vista or not - if you don't then you have to edit ini files to get the advanced effects.

Far Cry 2 - possibly the second best looking shooter right now. Less demanding than the crysis games.

Dead Space - kind of the new Doom 3. Again less demanding, but lots of lighting/shadow effects.

Bioshock/UT3/Mass Effect/Gears of War - these all use the same game engine, and it isn't at all demanding, so it's not something that will stress your machine, but it looks ok regardless.

STALKER:Clear Sky - bit of a buggy/hard game, but graphically quite demanding.

Let us know how the rig gets on with them on full details ;)

Is your right speaker the one that doesn't work? Because the same was happening to my new(ish) Creative speakers, so I just tampered with the audio lead and switched where the dock was plugged in and they seem to work now. I don't use them though, I just use my Technics headphones, they sound much much better than any Creative (or other speakers for that matter) IMO.

But yeah, i'm not sure of any really graphical games. I've been saying for a while, all these new hi-tech gfx cards are coming out and have been released but there's no games that need them right now :p. Oblivion runs fine on max for me, so does GRiD, so does Crysis, so does CoD4 & 5 (both aren't very graphical though) so I can't really suggest anything, but we'll see how GTA IV and Mirror's Edge run when they come out for PC :p.

yeah, when i opened the box and stuck them in the old pc it didn't work, and with the new still not. i dont know what is wrong and i am not sure if its the right one, i have it on the right side though :D

thanks guys for all your input, i do only have windows xp professional. crysis runs fine on high on everything, test drive runs fine with everything maxxed out, half life 2 runs fine with everything maxxed out, oblivion runs fine, just about ANYTHING will run maxxed out.

thanks guys

• 4 months later...