We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

mattymajor

im sure this could run TDU (: but if it wont (by some miracle) it cant please tell me...

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 CPU @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 64-bit

Motherboard:GigaByte GA-EP45T-DS3R Intel P45 Express CrossFireX Chipset LGA775 FSB1600 DDR3/1600 Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394a, &7.1Audio

Memory:(2x1GB) PC8500 DDR3/1066mhz <-- Yes. DDR3 :cheeky:

Video Card: Nvidia GF 9600GT 1GB Pci-e 16x

Hard Drive:320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

hopefull will get this next month... not bad considering its only £550 (built to order)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks good, and looks like you would meet the specs, personally I would leave DDR3 til the new Intel processors come out middle of next year as they are rumoured to be oct core (yes 8 cores) and will only run with DDR3 and I belive they are 32nm aswell.

But that I think will give you enough oomph to run TDU, heres the TDU requirements list and you seem to have better than is listed

Yeah, you might want more than 2gb for gaming and Vista. I had 2gb and that was on the verge of an update, so I just bought another 2gb. I idle on 1.5gb as I have the Sidebar, Ojectdock, itunes and other memory hogging software :p (Before I had that I idled on 800/900mb). But for gaming it would be around 1.8gb, so I thought it would be "safe" to up it to 4gb in total and now I never max out.

Unless you've only got 32-bit Vista (not 64-Bit), then I it will only recognise 3gb RAM, so only get 3gb :p

Guest RB26DETT
WOW! The specs are much better than mine, but when I get a new PC after my moola issues, I can stop being jealous of other peoples graphics and specs.

lol

same here brother. let us sympathize. :(

Yeah, you might want more than 2gb for gaming and Vista. I had 2gb and that was on the verge of an update, so I just bought another 2gb. I idle on 1.5gb as I have the Sidebar, Ojectdock, itunes and other memory hogging software :p (Before I had that I idled on 800/900mb). But for gaming it would be around 1.8gb, so I thought it would be "safe" to up it to 4gb in total and now I never max out.

Unless you've only got 32-bit Vista (not 64-Bit), then I it will only recognise 3gb RAM, so only get 3gb :p

I have got Windows Vista 32 bit with 2 gb or Ram. But the only time that my ram max out is when i play crysis. But with crysis warhead i dont have that anymore. But i should buy a quad quore. They are getting cheaper and they are faster. But a dual quore is also good.

Btw:

Why are you jealous? I really dont care about it. My pc is fast enough to play all the latest games. And when it cant do that anymore i buy a new one.

SLRRR

I would need those 8 cores for CAD and 3ds Max rendering. Damn. Should I wait????

Well when they come out they will be astronomical prices, iirc they will start to release the new chips towards the end of this year with the 8core ones coming mid - end of next year just do a search for Intel Nehalem or i7 and you should find something with dates and specs they released earlier this month. And a new mobo would be needed as they are x58 sockets.

I Agree with you Iced. But not only that, it also (in most cases) makes the loading times a bit faster in games, and switching to desktop and back takes less time and so on :) And it can also help on your FPS, especially in Strategy games. So yea, I would too leave the DDR3 ram for now, and stick with DDR2, but go with PC6400/800 Mhz as minimum as RB said :)

I was researching the new cores. And The 8 core will be 1,000+ with the 4 core at 500+ I will wait for the new 4 core aka Bloomfield. Wiki and some forums say Bloomsfield will be released either Nov. 08-Q3 09 for the 4 core normal (like core 2 quad/Duo) and Nov. 08-Q4 09 for the extreme. Q4 09 for the 4,6,8 for Westermere cores.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nehalem_(microarchitecture)

Thanks for the info. Would you upgrade if money wasn't that hard to come by?

Haha, i can't afford to considering my pc is still in the boxes waiting to be put together. If money was no object then I would build another one at the start of 2010 but tbh somthing else will be due out then.