We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

She's my pride and joy

gingervette

This is my car...a 1977 Chevrolet Corvette. And for those who don't know me, this is the very car that inspired my Xbox Live gamertag (I realize it's white but we are getting it painted red in a couple of weeks) :)

5by747.jpg

She is all-origional with 59,000 miles, she's got a 350 cu engine with 180hp mated to an automatic tranmission (though I would prefer a manual but hey, it's a corvette so I'll be fine with it lol), and she's got a new, 2-tone, red-white interior. I am getting the front and back wings removed and re-doing some of the chrome. She's my pride and Joy :)

WOW 0o, Im stunned... nice car there dude. How much did it cost?

we got a steal on it. These cars in it's current condition are booked for $15,000 but we got it for $10,000. After i get it painted (red) and fix the brakes and stuff the value will jump to about $25-30,000. But I never plan to sell it. :)

Guest RB26DETT

jealous :(

nice car dude. how old are you? if you're 18-19, you're very lucky to be driving a vette at that age. i'm 18 and i drive a corolla. :(

jealous :(

nice car dude. how old are you? if you're 18-19, you're very lucky to be driving a vette at that age. i'm 18 and i drive a corolla. :(

I am only 14 at the moment, I will be 15 on the 28th of this month. So I do not drive it yet but mostly sit in it and try to judge things becaue it's going to be difficult to drive due to it's extremely long front end lol

I am only 14 at the moment, I will be 15 on the 28th of this month. So I do not drive it yet but mostly sit in it and try to judge things becaue it's going to be difficult to drive due to it's extremely long front end lol

NO WAY! :eek:

I'm so jealous right now *flaps* xW

alot of people think that it is expensive but really it isnt. In America, males are alot more to money for car insurance as opposed to females...It is even more for a sports car. But, this car is over 25 years old which means it can qualify for a classic car license plate, which is much cheaper on insurance. So it's actually better for younger guys to get a classic sports car to drive, which I know sounds funny but it's true lol :)

alot of people think that it is expensive but really it isnt. In America, males are alot more to money for car insurance as opposed to females...It is even more for a sports car. But, this car is over 25 years old which means it can qualify for a classic car license plate, which is much cheaper on insurance. So it's actually better for younger guys to get a classic sports car to drive, which I know sounds funny but it's true lol :)

Thats really cool, over here in the UK i'm looking at insurance on cons, a Ford Focus ST170 is over 2 grand (about $4000) a year. Males are more expensive, the more power the more it is, classics or sports cars are a no no for many years for most people (you can get insured but it costs a fortune).

Anyway interior looks stunning, much nicer than most modern cars, why has American interiors gone so backwards, that's so much nicer that the new Vett.

Thats really cool, over here in the UK i'm looking at insurance on cons, a Ford Focus ST170 is over 2 grand (about $4000) a year. Males are more expensive, the more power the more it is, classics or sports cars are a no no for many years for most people (you can get insured but it costs a fortune).

Anyway interior looks stunning, much nicer than most modern cars, why has American interiors gone so backwards, that's so much nicer that the new Vett.

I rode in my cousin's 2008 coupe last weekend and loved it, I thought the interior was absolutly wonderful. But that is most likely because that is what we are used too over here. You guys are used to smaller engines but really nicer interiors whereas we are used to huge engines in everything we make, and an interior to match, but doesn't not neccessarily stand out. So where you come from really does make a difference i guess. Any one from UK I asked talked about how cheaply the Corvette is made, but pretty much any American you ask can only smile when the name Corvette is mentioned and has not a single negative word about it.

P.S. thanks for the comment about my interior, it's not a stock job though. A 1977 model should have a solid color all throughout the interior and that woodgrain should definatley not be there. But I love the way it looks now and do plan to keep it that way :)

• 3 weeks later...

i agree with redvette us here in canada and the us dont notice that their probally not that good because thats what were used to i used to think the viper was the best handling car ever intill i watched top gear and we had a 06 mustang and i thought it was awsome because of the power but its actually a really bad car lol that live rear axle is pretty stone age lol

• 9 months later...