We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How do I Trade?

UK HOTCARS

Am I being thick?

just because everyone else in the world knows how to use the trade function, doesnt make you thick my friend...

When I go to Trade, how do I set the price?

when you have selected the car you wish to sell, you will have two options, dont select the "direct sale" option this price is preset for you, so you want to select the other option then use left/right to adjust the price.

All my cars have prices already set.

certain cars such as DLC Packs cannot be sold on the online trade function, and only have direct sale prices

NOTICE: Please be advised if you are playing with a offline profile, then the online trade function isint an option and all cars therefore will as a result only have direct sale prices, and the user cannot in this case select a price.

Also, why are some of the cars highlighted on the list in blue?

the car you have currently got selected or any other cars that are already up for sale will appear a different colour in your list when compared to cars that currently dont have anything to do with regards to the trade function

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Enter your house

2) Select trade

3) Select Sell

4) Select Car/Bike to sell

5) Choose the car you wish to sell

6) Press "Sell" & "put up for sale" then alter the price and confirm

7) the car will then appear "RED" in your trade list

Cars that are added to the trade function cannot be driven anymore, however.. you can take it off trade by using the transaction tab.

When the car is purchased by another player you will recieve news of it ingame via a banner and TDU-News flash.

the only thing is I dont have any cars currently for sale and yet some of my list of cars are highlighted in blue.

HIGHLIGHTED COLOUR CODING FOR TRADE FUNCTION:

BLUE = This is a Downloaded Car and cannot be sold (pending investigation into other theorys)

RED = The car is already up for sale waiting for a buyer

YELLOW = This is your currently selected car cannot sell

GREY = This car is not currently assigned to any trade limits/functions

Thanks again Razor, as you may tell I didn't get a manual with my game!!

its not in the manual anyway so dont feel too bad about it....

However, if you sign into XBOX Live, you can download five Tutorial Instruction Vidoes for free directly to your HDD

These Are:

Free Riding - Information about Oahu and hints & tips

Its all about the challenge - Information about the online part of the game

Welcome to the race - all about the 300+ challenges and races

Lifestyle Customization - information on avatars, characters, garages & shops

The Automotive Dream - All you need to know about the cars & bikes in the game

Actually I just went back to Trade and the highlighted blue cars aren't all Tuned

OK, so now we both have a mission, lets find out what "blue" means then...

Well, ive ran every test i can think of doing. Even got myself a new car to see if blue mean the car hasnt done any milage yet and the only blue cars in my trade list still are performance tuned. So for now im sticking to the blue ones are performance tuned cars until proven otherwise :)

Blue means its a DLC car. These cannot be sold on trade.

I have a Chevrolet SSR (Not DLC)

When i purchased it brand new, and after racing if for over twenty miles. It was still "grey" in the trading list. It only changed to "blue" after i performance tuned the car, and still in my trade list the only blue cars are tuned ones. So if three people have different storys on the blue highlighted cars.

The problem isint solved yet Doctor Watson....

I have noticed that certain cars will be highlighted blue, and not highlighted if i change my currently selected car. So another guess would be that Blue highlighted cars are related to your selected one in some way, for example all blue cars may have a bigger BHP or More Expensive, will have to do some research in a few minutes...

Honestly don't think it has anything to do with tuning but hey I've been wrong before.

It cant be tuning mate, as now ive discovered the blue highlighted ones change due to which car you have selected at any time. Its gotta be something to do with your selected car/bike in some way...

It cant be tuning mate, as now ive discovered the blue highlighted ones change due to which car you have selected at any time. Its gotta be something to do with your selected car/bike in some way...

Nah it's DLC, I was being kind before in pretending to be in doubt. As for your SSR either the game is having a "moment" or you misread.

Nah it's DLC, I was being kind before in pretending to be in doubt.

OMG!!! hes playing games with my mind... i hope you cant afford your next speeding ticket on Test Drive :twisted:

As for your SSR either the game is having a "moment" or you misread.

OMG!!! i got a downloaded Chevrolet SSR... Hope ive not been charged for it :oook:

All I can add to the "mystery" is that I have tried to sell every blue highlighted car (didn't notice them change if I had a different car selected though) and I got a message saying "DLC Content can't be sold to other users"........

and did you notice if any werent Downloaded Cars ?

Ok I got going on Trade, my first venture into the world of Arfur Daley and its not too succesful. My Lambo Spider, unique paint job, tuned stage 3, approx 200 miles on the clock. $350,000 I thought was okay and about market price for what was on when I looked but it hasn't sold so far. MAybe people dont like my taste in paint!

GC

Ok I got going on Trade, my first venture into the world of Arfur Daley and its not too succesful. My Lambo Spider, unique paint job, tuned stage 3, approx 200 miles on the clock. $350,000 I thought was okay and about market price for what was on when I looked but it hasn't sold so far. MAybe people dont like my taste in paint!

GC

the key to success is simple, sell a cheap product and convince the game its worth more... for example....

go to your local chevrolet dealer and purchase a saturn sky for 23k, taking extra time to select the best choice of colour. then place it on trade for 10million.

then your trade reveune will sky rocket....