We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Does your radio work? Mine doesn't!

2StrokeGenius

Hi!

I've been playing TDU for a few days now and still I can't figure out how to get the radio to play in game. I've ofcourse pressed the radio button on the keyboard ® and sure enought the names of the radio stations appear with the volume control which I can control with the left/right buttons but no music plays. Is there another key to press to start the music? When I play around with all the possible keys the only thing that happens is the radio station names change to the driving aid and then a close menu then nothing. Any ideas?

Also, I can't figure out whilst modding TDU how do you open the bnk.map file? Obviously the bnk editor won't open it as it's got .map file extension even those the file is called bnk.map?

Any guidance in either question welcome!

Thanks

Oh no! My new keyboard doesn't have a number pad (Logitech diNovo Edge). They put a mouse pad thingy in it's place.

I haven't been able to try those keys but perhaps I can remap them in the options>controls menu.

Custom radio stations eh? I remember doint that for GTA San Andreas, is it similar for TDU? More info on this would be appreciated as I have lots of music I would love to cruise to.

Thanks for the input guys!

Custom radio stations are pretty easy.

in your "My Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\savegame\<gamealias>\Radio" folder, just create a folder with the name of the radio station. Just keep it simple for you convenience.

Then just add mp3's OR, as I did, make shortcuts to the mp3's. This saves space (you don't have to copy the mp3's thus having 2 files instead of 1).

Then, in-game, switch radio stations until you see a black picture with a little whit figure in it ("custom radio station icon"). Et voilá! Easy as that!

Hope it's clear enough for you :)

- Little_Ghost

P.S

The remaping should work btw :)

P.P.S

You are limmited to 3 custom radio stations.

Thanks Little_Ghost, that explaination of custom radio stations is great I shall get onto it right away. Plus I like the idea of the shortcut to mp3's to save space, I should have done that for GTA SA as I remember there was a lot of memory taken up on my drive.

I tried re-mapping the controls for the vanilla game radio stations but still no joy, must be a bug in my installation. The radio files are there in the installation folder though...tis strange!

Thanks for your help!