We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2009 Nissan 370Z Unveiled before LA Auto Show

DriftNismo

UPDATED

I'm sure everyone saw the spy shots last year, and I think a few more have surfaced this year, but now they've unveiled the whole car!

2010_nissan_370z_fr_sm.jpg

2010_nissan_370z_int.jpg

2010_nissan_370z_rear.jpg

Nissan has officially unveiled the 2009 Nissan 370Z ahead of its official unveiling at the LA Auto Show in a few weeks. Although Nissan has released three photos of the new Z, official specs have not been released. All that we know right now is that it is powered by the same 3.7L V6 as the Infiniti G37.

PRESS RELEASE: ALL-NEW 2009 NISSAN 370Z COUPE READIES FOR DEBUT

- Nissan Issues First Images of the All-New 370Z -

Nissan offers the first look at the upcoming 2009 370Z Coupe, which makes its world debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show on November 19th. The all-new 2009 Nissan 370Z, the first full redesign of the iconic Nissan Z since its reintroduction as a 2003 model, solidifies the strengths of its predecessor with an unmatched balance of performance, style and value. The all-new Z will go on sale at Nissan dealers in early 2009.

Credit to TorqueReport for the pictures and Press Release.

I'll post the pictures and specifications as soon as they're released at the LA Auto Show, but judging by the specs of the G37S, it'll probably put out around 320hp, and judging by the sound of the G37S it will sound SEXEH.

The interior seems to resemble the 350Z quite a lot, with a few minor changes (e.g. new steering wheel, slight dashboard re-design, new door-cards and door-handles).

And again, like the G37, it WILL be naturally-aspirated, but that's not much loss because the 350Z and G37 are very quick cars, animals when they're turbocharged (been in a turbocharged Z33 Fairlady Z and it was scary).

EDIT: Nissan 370Z Officially Puts Out 332hp

Thanks to the LA Auto Show website we now know that the final horsepower rating for the 3.7L V6 is 332 horsepower. The engine can either be mated to a new 7-speed automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual. The new Z also has a shorter wheelbase than the current generation and more lightweight pieces to keep the vehicle's overall weight in check.

Nissan will offer the 370Z in two trim levels at launch: base and Touring. Standard features include keyless start, automatic xenon headlights, and stability and traction control. The Touring trim adds a better stereo system, Bluetooth, and leather-trimmed sport seats, among other features. The only options are a navigation system with iPod connectivity (only available on 370Z Touring models); the automatic transmission; and the Sport package, which includes a limited-slip differential, the downshift rev-matching feature, forged 19-inch wheels, front and rear spoilers, and Nissan Sport brakes. The 370Z will carry a starting price of $29,930, excluding destination charges.

Information courtesy of TheTorqueReport & CarAndDriver.com.

Yep its going to be featured in NFS Undercover

But the name why dont they call it just the 350Z is sounds better

The 350Z was called the 350Z because it was the new Nissan Fairlady Z (the name is was released first under and in Japan) and it has a 3.5 litre VG35DE engine in it. The 370Z is again a new Fairlady Z, but it has a 3.7 litre VG37DE in it, so they wouldn't call it the 350Z now would they? Same with the 300ZX, 280Z, 240Z/X, etc.

Gosh, its certainly different from the fairly conservative design cues in the 350Z. But I sort of like it. Its sort of quirky (yes I hate using that word). I prefer the rear though.

And also - on the subject of the G37S - I'm not that big a fan of it. It looks a bit bloated and too soft. It needs to have sharper edges, and be more daring, because it just looks too much like a Lexus.

The 350Z was called the 350Z because it was the new Nissan Fairlady Z (the name is was released first under and in Japan) and it has a 3.5 litre VG35DE engine in it. The 370Z is again a new Fairlady Z, but it has a 3.7 litre VG37DE in it, so they wouldn't call it the 350Z now would they? Same with the 300ZX, 280Z, 240Z/X, etc.

I know why its called that, but i think 350Z sounds better

• 3 weeks later...

Nissan 370Z S-Tune begins to get official with new images, info and website

Posted Dec 2nd 2008 10:29AM by John Neff

nissan370zstune_lead.jpg

Click above for a gallery of the Nissan 370Z S-Tune

Nissan has released four more official images of the NISMO 370Z S-Tune, and the photos show a much more hardcore of version of the Japanese brand's new rear-wheel-drive sports car than we saw debut at the LA Auto Show last month. Buyers will be able to choose between the full-on body kit above with a new lower chin spoiler, "extension nose piece", rocker moldings, rear valance and rear wing or a toned down version. Those larger deep dish, five-spoke aluminum wheels are also an option, as are a stainless steel exhaust system, upgraded S-Tune suspension, additional body braces and S-Tune brake pads. Nissan already has an official website up in Japanese extolling the virtues of the 370Z S-Tune, including an opening intro video that flies around the car. Check out the new official pics in high-res, as well as detail shots of each NISMO component, in the gallery below.

Source: 370Tech.com via AutoFiends