We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Shark: Audi R8 [BETA RELEASED!!] #FIXED

Shark

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's so much an installation issue that he's worried about, as a distribution issue. by only including the link to a downloader program, it insures that his mods are only hosted on his site (which for some reason is producing a 404 error when I click on the link in his sig). the problem I'm having though is that when the program pops up the .net error (see picture below) and I hit "continue" it only downloads the exterior.

Error Picture:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

This error said ".NET Framework" in the title bar before I got the SP1 for .NET Framework 3.5

I got that error too !

has anyone tried loading the game without an interior for this car? shark says to delete it, so maybe this isn't supposed to use an interior yet

EDIT: OK just tried it without using an interior. Everything loads up, and it has a (super) low poly interior even without an actual interior file. Now, I know that this is a Beta and Shark warned us that it has some bugs, but watching my windows hover 3-4 feet away from my car when they are in the "down" position is just hilarious XD. I have to say though, that the parts that aren't buggy (which is actually a majority of this car in this release, only the windows (as mentioned above), rims (same as in maplecars picture), LEDs in the headlight (always on) and seatbelt (was sticking out of the window) were weird for me. everything else seemed fine for the beta stage) show just how awesome of a mod this is going to be when it is finished.

@shark: Whats the point in this downloader anyway? Cause there is no doubt someone will get sick of it then will end up posting around a .rar file for those who have trouble.

Btw just incase anyone says.. Im not having a cry cause its not working. Just simply saying whats the point when people like mods the old fashion way when they just copy and paste or drag from the .rar file.

ust incase anyone says.. Im not having a cry cause its not working. Just simply saying whats the point when people like mods the old fashion way when they just copy and paste or drag from the .rar file.

/agree. We want to stick to what we know how to do.