We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2017: News/Calendar/Updates

CarMadMike

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks you only like Hamilton, Alonso isn't close, he is the best driver on the grid. Max has immense talent but is making rookie mistakes, give him time and he'll become a better driver than Hamilton. I'm not saying Hamilton is the worst he's just not the best. He's close...

Ham doesn't deserve any championship, he's just a smug guy with a chain around his neck. He only got lucky so far, a better car doesn't mean a better driver, and a car as good as the Mercedes certainly makes any mediocre driver seem good. What is even criengier is Ham thinking he's some kind of Senna.

At the end of the day it's extremely hard to compare the drivers and know who is better than who as there are way too many variables: powertrains, tyres, strategy etc.

You can criticise Hamilton all you want but you won't be able to convince many people that you're simply criticising him for his driving skills and that he isn't as good as the others, just admit you dislike his personality and behaviour off the track so therefore your view on his driving skills is rather biased.

I agree with you Rassva that Hammy is a 100% smug, cringe, celebrity-hungry driver but to then put all his pole positions and race wins down to pure luck? That's just very 'salty', to use the term you all love so much.

I used to be a big fan of his but his off the track behaviour has made me start to dislike him, but I still think he's a very talented driver. Is he the best? I doubt it, but I don't think anyone can really know who the best is without just nominating the person they personally would love to be the best. You've got Alonso going after the triple crown, but does that then make him more talented than Hammy/Vettel etc? Only if the others try and fail to get the crown :shrug:

Alonso has constantly shown what's he's capable of, you can't downplay him like that, he hasn't had a competitive car in years.

Thats just what I said:

... and now can't because Honda can't make a competitive engine

Whats your point hass? I've already said he does have potential. How is that downplaying him??

I would have to say he has NO potential to downplay him.

Anyway it seems to me that you just want to argue with me (I have no idea why- maybe because I like Hamilton as a driver and you struggle to accept that opinion), so I'm going to back off and wait till someone else gets this thread going again with a more open view

Monaco started dull, I imagine a fair few people turned over around lap 20 when it just looked like it was going to be a procession of 78 formation laps.

What happened around lap 60? Did people decide to put on a show? :lol: It got crazy.

I'd be disappointed if I were Raik, it was very obvious the overcut was much better than the undercut coming into the race today, his team gifted his victory to Vettel :shrug:

Vettel is getting a lot of backlash, so is Ferrari from all the Internet warriors and Hamilton himself, it was evident vettel was faster before and after the pit stop and he deserved the win. I hope kimi gets a few wins this year but it wasn't vettels fault.

Hamilton needs to go sulk somewhere else.

At the end of the day Vettel himself shouldn't receive much of the backlash, strategy is almost always decided by the team during the race, not the driver. He drove very very well and crossed the finish line first, not much you can criticise him for today.

However I do think Kimi could have won if the team pushed for him to win and got behind him as much as they did with Vettel.

I didn't watch many of the post race debriefings as I had some things to do before Indy500 started (fabbbbb race to watch), what was Hamilton moaning about? I think his car had an issue they couldn't fix under Parc Fermé, which I imagine would be pretty frustrating to then have to drive for a few hours. 7th from 13th is pretty good going for Monaco, so he shouldn't be too disappointed.

Raikonnen should have won that race and deserved too. His initial pace comfortably kept Seb at bay, but as is the trend with F1 it was won by strategy. And won by a strategy that shouldn't work at Monaco, which does stingy suggest favouring by Ferrari (lets be fair here, they are renowned for having favourites).

A real shame for Button, he saw a gap and went for it... whether it was a wise move or not, who cares. It was nice to see some action.

Not sure where the Hamilton moans came from, all the interviews I saw and read he came across positive and more than happy with a 7th place (especially as his team told him the best they could hope for was 10th). His comments about Ferrari are pretty fair because its what most people (and the media) are thinking. Sure we don't know for sure, but their strategy over the next few will reveal more.

Its impossible for Vettel's pace to be quicker when he was behind. At best it was the same... otherwise why didn't he overtake?

It wasn't and his bosses had to engineer the overtake for him...

You'd be singing a completely different tune if Hamilton and won over Bottas the same way ;)

Like how Ham usually wins when the other Merc is in front of him?

Ferrari started from the front, if there was some strategy going on, Vettel would've been first at the first corner. On this track it isn't worth a team order to make the other driver get past as it could end up being detrimental to the team, a slight mistake would've ruined the 1-2 positions for them.

It's not impossible for his pace to be slower when he was running in the 15s and kimi was in the 17s. I'm not sure if you watch the same races as us, wasn't it bottas who was left out of the pits to hold back Vettle so Hamilton can catch up or was I dreaming?

When did I say Vettel's pace was slower or that Raikonnen's was faster? Gosh you need to read more carefully instead of jumping on comments that weren't made... I'll repeat it again though just so we're all clear "Raikkonnens initial pace comfortably kept Seb at bay.

Plus I wasn't talking about Mercs tactics in this race, I was merely pointing out that if they used similar strategy to allow Hamilton to win race instead of Bottas you'd be spitting feathers. Although you've already jumped on the slightest mention of Hamilton winning, so...

:p