We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bickering / Flaming / Stupid comments / SPAM / Image sizes / Sig sizes

Iced_Bullet

SPAM etc

Please stop it. It's getting beyond control. Unfortunately, my powers don't exist everywhere, so I cannot remove and sort it out. So I plead with all members of this amazing community to try and stop shouting down each other's throats. This used to be a peaceful place where we could have a laugh and relax. Now it's:

--------------------------

1st person: "OMG he spelt something wrong, so I WILL make him know he spelt it wrong, I'm such a gramma Nazi. Yadda Yadda Yadda!"

2nd person: "haha FAIL, in your attempt to correct him, you spelt something wrong too! Owned! You suck!"

3rd person: "OMG this mod is crap, so I'm going to flame the creator and list all the mods, just to rub it in and write in big text to make it even more visible"

4th person: "OMG he flamed me, lets flame and insult him!"

5th person: "Ooh, what's this, a flame war? Let's join in!"

6th person: Oi, stop flaming, it's nothing to do with you!"

5th person: "So? GTFO!"

etc etc

Basically, it's pointless, pathetic, and stupid.

I'm not going to name names, but most should know who they are.

The same goes for spam. Please no

"....."

&

"?"

comments please. It's pointless. Spam is annoying.

Action WILL be taken if the repetative members continue to ignore this. I'm sorry.

Sig sizes and Image Embedding

I notice there are a lot of members with signature sizes 500px x 130px and embedding images of 800px x 600px. Please rectify this, to reduce resource costs for Diablo. Otherwise he'll have to fork out for a dedicated server. And that's expensive, which could mean increased advertising, or a reduction in features on the site!

/rant

100% agree but theres a problem with the sigs one as there seems to be a loophole which if you read the rules when attaching one in the usercp you will see.

As for the others I agree, on a side note there has been an increase in bad language, something which annoys me as I got infracted for one particular word but now it is common to see it and others but nothing seems to be happening. Mainly in flame wars as you have noted but also in the chatbox.

Also with the pic and sigs I think this might be due to not everyone reading the rules, as people still insist on quoting pics, but you get that anywhere.

Yah, I agree with you, Iced and fully understand you. If you think I`m a spammer, just let it be. I`ll do whatever is good for the forum. And I think we all know a guy who always writes dumb and pointless posts...check under Austin Powers`s nickname. ;)

excuse me, but its very rare for that to happen. keep your opinion to yourself thankyou.

And I think we all know a guy who always writes dumb and pointless posts...check under Austin Powers`s nickname. ;)

That really helps the situation doesn't it??? By doing that you have dangled "bait" for said person to bite, if he does and responds with more "bait" then it will turn into a flame war which is what this thread is trying to point out and prevent.

To stop this from happening there is one solution.

Ban all the noobs that are whining about the mods.

Thats not the attitude to take Mb. If they do something wrong try and educate them into how things are done. i.e. answer there question but then say what it is they are doing wrong in a polite way not the usual Fail, noob, etc, etc, as that gets us no where.

Thats not the attitude to take Mb. If they do something wrong try and educate them into how things are done. i.e. answer there question but then say what it is they are doing wrong in a polite way not the usual Fail, noob, etc, etc, as that gets us no where.

For me it is, they are all so stupid:rolleyes:

And the request rubbish things no one is ever going to make.

They should think before posting, not randomly spam please make this or that or bla bla bla. Or they are whining that things are not correct and should be fixed immediately, and not understand it's a WIP.

Well, SLRRR, most of the threads in Photography and Auto sections turn into off-topic soon. ;)

TBH mate 99% of your posts add absolutely nothing to threads so I wouldn't start.... Oooo now I'm flaming guess I'm awful too. As long as you accept your posts are meaningless I'll accept I'm flaming.

Deal?

Iced... I wish you the best of luck, give people a voice with no face and this will always happen. Just look at me ha! I'll accept I start with other members when I'm in a bad mood but I merely say what others will only dare think.

I don't have problems with other people here what so ever. If I'm not interested in what they have to say I don't go into the thread.

I respect your authority and will make amends based on what you have requested. Consider the rant over.

For me it is, they are all so stupid:rolleyes:

And the request rubbish things no one is ever going to make.

They should think before posting, not randomly spam please make this or that or bla bla bla. Or they are whining that things are not correct and should be fixed immediately, and not understand it's a WIP.

It may be stupid and rubbish for you but not to them thats why they have requested it, if you don't like it thats your own problem your don't have to read or post in there request thread.

Posting a request in a thread someones mod thread is a no no, but then should be dealt with maturely and not start calling them noobs, etc and explain to them they need to make there own thread or search to see if it had already been requested.

As to postings things that are wrong in a WIP thread it depends if its constructive or not and again you need to take a mature attitude and explain to them that its a WIP and not finished as these issues will be addressed.

Going round saying you want them banned, calling them noobs and saying the fail, etc will make this an unwelcoming place for new members which I doubt anyone will want, as I said above with mature responses that informs them of there wrong doings most will learn if they don't then its up to the mods and admin to explain it them. As I said name calling and banning is not the way to go.