We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I need a shooter!

Mb

Like Dr.Evil said, maybe Crysis (if you havent played that already)

Crysis:

- Kill a lot! - Check

- Preferably German? - Check, Japanse is also good :p

- Kill more - Check

- Brilliant graphics - Check

- Online is fun and stays fun for a while - Dunno

- Brilliant gameplay - Check

- A bit of reality - Fail

Left 4 dead:

- Kill a lot! - Check

- Preferably German? - Fail

- Kill more - Check

- Brilliant graphics - Not really, so fail

- Online is fun and stays fun for a while - Check

- Brilliant gameplay - Fail (just a horror shooter)

- A bit of reality. - Fail

Guest RB26DETT
Koreans, Japanese i dont see the difference :p

There's the spelling, number of letters, country they're from, language spoken, food and lots more!

Thats one thing i disapprove of mostly all Caucasians. They see all white skinned, black haired Asian as Chinese OR Japanese OR Korean. They never bother to realise that they are different in so many ways

So true. One eats Nasi, other eats Bami:lol:

The original COD is still an awesome game... even by today's standards (not graphically though ;) )

But if you want something current and realistic FarCry 2 is a very nice game with good multiplayer... plus you won't find any COD4/5 newbs there. :) at least on 360 anyway.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. No question.

Fantastic and original alternate-reality setting, brilliant mods availible for it. Can drive cars, but needs mods to activite this bit of the script. Multiplayer not so good, but the single player is massive, varied, and brilliant fun. Killing is very satisfactory. Enemies are clever, they include mutants, ghost zombies and others. Vast range of vague Soviet-era weaponry, even more vast with the Arsenal BC1 mod which incorporates skins from the skilled team which mod Counter Strike Source. Fairly realistic too, though you can be killed just as easily as your enemies, unless you have super armour. Firefights are the most fun I have ever had on any FPS, bar none. It's even non-linear. I'd say there's a good element of survival-horror in it too, some things can really screw your mind up.

So get this game, then do as I did and mod it with the Oblivion Lost and Arsenal BC1 merge mod. It's awesome :D

• 2 weeks later...

if you want to kill non stop, have a great online experience, and play a game with impressive graphics, go to the store right now and buy Left 4 Dead. It is by far my favorite first person shooter game this year. Plus, killing zombies is just fun!:thumbsup:

F.E.A.R. is good too, if you want to get creeped out.

There's a sequel coming out next month.

Demo's out now on Steam and various other places.

i didn't know about the sequel... what have you heard about it? is it supposed to be good or bad?

i didn't know about the sequel... what have you heard about it? is it supposed to be good or bad?

It's the continuation of the story "as it should be", making the expansion packs to the original non-canon, effectively.

My impression of the demo is that I'm gonna get the full game. It's that good, IMHO.

It thrilled me, scared me (a 'little' :cheeky:), and the end sequence made me go "OOH YEAH!!:twisted:".

You'll se what I mean when/if you try the demo, which, by the way, I highly recommend.

If only to form your own opinion...;)

CoD World at War (Not 5, I hate when people call it that) is far better than CoD4.

Battlefield: Bad Company > Battlefield 2.

Anyway, CoD5, Battlefield: Bad Company, or, if you're desperate, CoD4.

How is CoD:WaW so much better than CoD4? I don't mean argue, I'm just curious. I think it was the ability to put silencers and ACOGs on WWII guns that killed CoD:WaW for me. ;)