We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help With Pc Upgrade!!!

T3hReaper91

Becuase intel in the old days used to get there technology from amd thats why they are more expensive.

I think this might be the case now still but i could be wrong.

True, populair intel processors like the Q6600 aren't really quad cores. Because they are just 2x dual cores. So if one off the dual cores want/has to do something with the other dual core it has to go through the motherboard. And that's not fast.

The i7 is intel's first real quad core. AMD had that already years ago

Just wanna ask a quick question, why do you prefer AMD over Intel? Just wondering.

Do you guys really care about that ? If i buy hardware i mostly go for the best bang for buck. I dont really see the point. T3 made a really good choise for this one. Its the same think between Nvidia & Ati/AMD now. Ati/AMD has made a very good comeback. And they got a very good bang for buck. I dont see the problem

True, populair intel processors like the Q6600 aren't really quad cores. Because they are just 2x dual cores. So if one off the dual cores want/has to do something with the other dual core it has to go through the motherboard. And that's not fast.

Do you guys really care about that ? If i buy hardware i mostly go for the best bang for buck. I dont really see the point. T3 made a really good choise for this one. Its the same think between Nvidia & Ati/AMD now. Ati/AMD has made a very good comeback. And they got a very good bang for buck. I dont see the problem

tbh i would easilly pick amd over intel even if intel is cheaper.

Actually, it is still really fast. You have to have a servers workload to even notice the difference slightly.

Yes, but AMDs one was really slow. What's the point of being 'true' quad core (actually, native is more accurate) if you're so much slower than the non-native ones?

Actually, it is still really fast. You have to have a servers workload to even notice the difference slightly.

Yes, but AMDs one was really slow. What's the point of being 'true' quad core (actually, native is more accurate) if you're so much slower than the non-native ones?

Well i just mentioned it, because T3 started about that Intel has copied thinks from AMD

Well i just mentioned it, because T3 started about that Intel has copied thinks from AMD

Ah okay. They copied it from DEC Alpha anyway, not AMD :p And while DEC Alpha chips were innovative, optimisation of code for their architecture was the cause of a number of troubles during my PhD so I don't think of them very kindly :p

Do you guys really care about that ?

Since you had a go at me, I'll have a go at you.

I don't care but I was WONDERING why he preferred AMD over Intel. Cos I've never heard someone say they preferred AMD over Intel generally without the fanboyism(like you.) So don't have a go at me because I asked a question.

So...

If you don't like my response, do 2 things:

1. Keep it to yourself.

2. Pm me so we can continue our pointless argument.

Anyway Reap3r could you send me a link to the processor on Ebuyer or something? Also a mobo that would be compatible with it?

Thanks. :)

Well, my 1st experience with AMD was terrible. I was at a friend doing some benchmarks...he always said that he's cpu is better so when i got to him(with my video card) we started doing the benchmarks.Very low scores...anyway, after 20 mins the cpu failed...it didn't do nothing...and the thing that i really don't like at AMD is the heat...that's alot of heat