We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Another crappy port

SLRRR

Well i just hate all those crappy ports that are made these days. Just started with Saints Row 2, the game needs 3.2 GHZ dual core, 8800GT 256 MB (didnt know it excits) and what do you get GTAIII graphiqs and Crysis performance :mad: looks rubbish and it plays like crap.

And than offcourse the biggest hype, GTA IV. The game looks better than other GTA's, but the performance is crap. And the same is true for the graphiqs. I mean common how hard is it to make a real shadow, without all those stupid points. In my opinion the biggest fail off the year.

But some game studio's can make good pc games. Like Far Cry 2 & Fallout 3. Those games look good and are also playable with a non high end pc. All those 360 ports are just crap.

[mod edit:] language! :evil:

This thread isn't mentioned to be a console vs pc thread. Remember that before posting

Sadly for you guys the Console market is big, and while console piracy does exsist it's no where near as bad. I respect people wanting high end PC's for amazing games but I personally wouldn't go to the expense. That isn't an excuse for people like THQ to do a shoddy job and charge you for it but it seems like the console market is the primary focus of many games manufactures.

Come now, join the console world. I'll concede you won't get to boast about your 160000000x anti aliasing or your 467.3fps but you'd be surprised, its fun and buying games and being able to just play them and having the same experience as everyone else (TV Permitting) is nice. :)

Sadly for you guys the Console market is big, and while console piracy does exsist it's no where near as bad. I respect people wanting high end PC's for amazing games but I personally wouldn't go to the expense. That isn't an excuse for people like THQ to do a shoddy job and charge you for it but it seems like the console market is the primary focus of many games manufactures.

Come now, join the console world. I'll concede you won't get to boast about your 160000000x anti aliasing or your 467.3fps but you'd be surprised, its fun and buying games and being able to just play them and having the same experience as everyone else (TV Permitting) is nice. :)

run... run... a fanboy :p

Dream on

The consoles have also some problems

Sadly for you guys the Console market is big, and while console piracy does exsist it's no where near as bad

Saints Row 2, GTA IV, Farcry 2 where already on internet before the release. And they are downloaded more.

run... run... a fanboy :p

Dream on

The consoles have also some problems

Saints Row 2, GTA IV, Farcry 2 where already on internet before the release. And they are downloaded more.

I said I respect your decision to want a good computer and thus game on your PC but said it wasn't for me. Fanboy? I was offering my opinion.

Did I say the consoles didn't have problems? No I conceded piracy is an issue just not as huge as it is in the PC field.

I echoed the statement that you deserve better ports of games. Stop being so over defensive.

I said I respect your decision to want a good computer and thus game on your PC but said it wasn't for me. Fanboy? I was offering my opinion.

Did I say the consoles didn't have problems? No I conceded piracy is an issue just not as huge as it is in the PC field.

I echoed the statement that you deserve better ports of games. Stop being so over defensive.

Well i dont have a real high end pc. But what really annoys me is that a lott of game studios dont make proper pc ports.

Yes you said piracy is also a problem. But i shouldnt say its that much smaller than with the pc. The 360 has alott of piracy.

I dont flame you about it :) it just annoys me that everyone start about the console when you see it.

Oh yay, another console vs PC war thread :D

Yes, piracy occurs on console too, but it isn't a major problem - console games are still market viable. PC games are not really because the piracy is so much more of a problem.

Anyway, there's no real need to have one be better than the other - they both have their uses and you just pick the one that's right for your needs.

SLRRR, you do have a point. Instead of doing stupid X360 to PC ports (come on, who actually thought that would be a good idea??) they should do PC to X360 ports, that would make everyone happy. Consoles are good, but PC gaming is much better IMO, but a lot of game companies just make a lot more money in the console market, which is why we end up with console to PC ports instead of the other way round like the old days...

SLRRR, you do have a point. Instead of doing stupid X360 to PC ports (come on, who actually thought that would be a good idea??) they should do PC to X360 ports, that would make everyone happy. Consoles are good, but PC gaming is much better IMO, but a lot of game companies just make a lot more money in the console market, which is why we end up with console to PC ports instead of the other way round like the old days...

Couldnt agree more...

Pc gaming is at its best but it just needs the games to keep coming for it to stay ahead of game consoles

Yep, that's what i'm thinking :) i do understand why they do it. But like with GTA IV after almost a year waiting getting a crappy port is not what i had though about it. But they make a lott of money with it and with the dlc.

Btw

For all you guys this thread isn't mentioned to be a console vs pc thread. And for the modders sorry for my language. :)