We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Jaguar Readying Mid-Engine Audi R8 Rival

Shy Guy

Jaguar may have just unveiled its updated XKR at the 2009 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, but the XK range won’t be the only performance two-door in Jaguar's [url=http://www.leftlanenews.com/jaguar-readying-mid-engine-audi-r8-rival.html#][/url]lineup for long. According to a new report, Jaguar is readying a mid-engine sports car to take on Audi’s R8.

Auto Express claims that it has the inside scoop on a new mid-engine Jag, set to debut in just over a year. The new model will take on Audi’s R8 and will beat the company’s F-Type to production. The F-Type will do battle in a lower segment, taking on the likes of Porsche's Boxster.

Reportedly dubbed the XE, the new car will appear in concept form at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show. The XE will likely use Jaguar’s new 5.0L supercharged V8 mid-ship, marking the brand’s first mid-engine car since the XJ220 launched in 1991.

Design-wise, the XE is expected to take Jaguar’s new design language even farther, erasing virtually all ties with the current XJ.

Source: http://www.leftlanenews.com/jaguar-readying-mid-engine-audi-r8-rival.html

I really hope they make like the XJ220!

wow, very cool, as much of a gorgeous car as the XJ is (IMO) It is finally time to kill that period of jaguar, Just like how bentley is leaving the arnage. Jaguar needs a big assed saloon car that's the size of the XJ, but it need to look like the XF!

as for a sports car, cool. britain needs a big lairy, mid engined sports car, and with their current design language, it could be quite the looker!

Well I was always hoping Tata would restart the 'F-Type' project ... I worked on the original one which appeared quite a few years ago now ... the problem it had was they were trying to make it all things to all men ... and that just doesn't work

Lets hope they get it right this time

Oh and btw Bentley isn't leaving the Arnage ... there's a brand new one out soon ... and it's a BEAST ! ... but thankfully still looks 'sort of' like an Arnage

on and remember this was in Autoexpress ... their worse than Autocar for bad rumours and getting things completely wrong

Well I was always hoping Tata would restart the 'F-Type' project ...

http://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2000-f-type_concept/

This one? I really liked all the concepts that Jag presented so far but their road versions were always good aswell. I loved the XF concept. Let`s hope Tata will manage to find the right way to continue with Jags.:thumbsup:

Under NDA?

It was a good looking concept, and the idea that jaguar will make a nice fast car will be lovely!

So they're planning an F-type and an E-type then?

If the'ye planning an F-Type, wouldn't that mean the proper name would be 'Jaguar XK-F' Like how the 60's E-Type was the 'XK-E'

I'm guessing that the XE is a new line, instead of an XK-E, as the original was a GT...