We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need New Graphics Card

Recon

Hey all,

I don't need a new graphics card, but i want one. My problem is I have a limited amount of money, and i don't want to have to buy a new power supply (i have standard 305 watt). I currently have a Nvidia GTX 7600 GS.

So here are my preferences:

- Something that will run Crysis on high detail full res (i can currently run it on medium detail, just under full res)

- Something that doesn't require an upgraded power supply

- A card that is reliable

Can anyone help me?

Hey all,

I don't need a new graphics card, but i want one. My problem is I have a limited amount of money, and i don't want to have to buy a new power supply (i have standard 305 watt). I currently have a Nvidia GTX 7600 GS.

So here are my preferences:

- Something that will run Crysis on high detail full res (i can currently run it on medium detail, just under full res)

- Something that doesn't require an upgraded power supply

- A card that is reliable

Can anyone help me?

Well my 8600GT already needs 300wat, and crysis on high detail is impossible with it. (maybe with a really low resolution) So i dont know what your resolution is, but i dont think a card from 300watt can run crysis on high.

HD4870 1GB is a great card.

But it requires more power. I got 1000w so i can later, maybe add another graphics card to play dual monitors on high resolution.

It sure is :), but why didnt you bough a 4870x2 ? 1000watt on a single 4870 sounds like a overkill for me.

It sure is :), but why didnt you bough a 4870x2 ? 1000watt on a single 4870 sounds like a overkill for me.

I didn't have money at that time.:o

It's not overkill, it calculates how much it needs so won't waste anything:cool:

I don't think you will get any card that will run Crysis on high with a 300W PSU.Also the older your PSU gets, the less power it will actually make available to your PC.

It also depends on what other components you have in your PC, why not add them on this page so we know what else you have. Clicky

I didn't have money at that time.:o

It's not overkill, it calculates how much it needs so won't waste anything:cool:

Okey, well i wouldnt shame me if i had a 4870 :). I just though that, because a 4870 needs (from the Ati/AMD site) a 500watt power supply or greater

ATI HD 4850 is a great card, its quite cheap and gives out huge performance.

It sure is, but this are the system requirements for it:

ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 System Requirements

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard

450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended (550 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)

Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products

Minimum 1GB of system memory

Installation software requires CD-ROM drive

DVD playback requires DVD drive

Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive

For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (included) are required

I don't think you will get any card that will run Crysis on high with a 300W PSU.Also the older your PSU gets, the less power it will actually make available to your PC.

^this.

ok. i had a Nvidia PNY 9800 GTX+ (accelerated edition), and the darn thing wouldn't even fit. so if the ATI HD 4850 is a huge card, i probably can't use it either
Nope, the 4850 is MUCH smaller than the 9800 GTX+.

Um I'd say a 9600 GT or 4850 but you really need to up your power supply

I'm not an ATi fan becuz i wanted to buy the GTX260 but when i saw that the HD4870 is cheaper and slightly better i chosed the HD4870. I JUST LOVE IT!!!IT'S INSANEE

Ha! I got my friend a GTX260 Factory overclocked edition for less than the cost of a regular 4870 xD runs alot quicker then a regular gtx260 too lol